legacy_account's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Delete my account if it can’t be reviewed

Hello all I’m really sorry and disgusted to post this. My account my several reviews that doesn’t ho against google maps policies and are respectful and helpful. Since 2022 any review I posted is refused. I’ve asked here to investigate my account but nothing was done. And I can’t even review cause it will auto refused.

Id like to write to google to delete all my contributions (photo, videos, reviews, questions, place created ….) as my account is like banned. Who to write??

Spend time for others, every second matter.
Follow me on Googlle maps 
Paris, France
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Delete my account if it can’t be reviewed

@legacy_account 

I know the upsetting feeling from not being able to share reviews. 

There is no feature to remove your content automatically. If you abandoned your Google account your Maps contributions will remain. 

You can chose to remove manually your photos, ratings, and reviews. One by one. So it can take a lot of time.

New places and edits can not be rolled back. 

Did you try the form called Account investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps

Keep in mind, it takes several weeks for the check to be done, and you will not be notified about the result, so I suggest you check the status of your reviews once a week or so.

I have shared some tips on how best to leave the Local Guides Program here. It will help you understand the consequences and select which leave method is best for you.

Best of luck
Morten

Level 8

Hello thanks for your quick answer. I’ve filled account investigation in 2022 but this form I think is just for fun.

I’ll look after a DPO of google to take my maps contribution down.

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Hello @legacy_account 

Sorry for your troubles, we understand the bad feeling of frustration in wanting to contribute voluntarily and the AI makes things difficult.

Nevertheless please kindly take courage and don't quite. Like Morten said you either remove your contributions manually or leave them "Anonymous: If I were your,I'll just take things calmly and hope they'll be sorted out someday dv. We have all gone through that one time or other as a local guide.

Please use "@" followed by the username when replying. The person gets notified when you tag them like I did to yours above. Thanks 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @legacy_account 

I am a bit confused about what you wrote here: " Since 2022 any review I posted is refused". This is not true, and In your profile I can see at least 16 reviews that you wrote in 2023, and the total amount of hidden reviews that you have is 10. Being more specific could help to try to help you much more than giving a generic (and wrong) declaration

ErmesT_0-1684075788205.png

In addition, if your reviews are related to places in France, you should be able to:

• See which review is not public
  • Receive an email about every review that has been made private
  • Appeal from each specific "hidden" review

This said, can you kindly provide some more specific and realistic detail (e.g. by sharing a screenshot of the 10 hidden reviews).

It would be great to know "when" each review was made private, and when you filled the appeal form, and which appeal form you filled: the one linked on the mail, the one shared by Morten, or the one in Why was I removed from Local Guides? 

Edit: In addition, looking at your last post of January about your issue, I think that sometimes there is also a misunderstanding of the issue.

The screenshot that you shared on Jan 8, that I am embedding here below, is not about a removed review. That message is telling you that "the listing" has been removed from Maps and as a consequence your review will be no longer visible, due to the fact that the place is no longer in Maps.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 21.36.19.png

Level 8

Mr.Abdulaye, I am very sorry to raise such a request for deleting your account of the Google Maps. Please be patient, Let us always be part of the solution,  not part of the problem. evey thing will be alright if we contribute to help others to find their favourite places. Many thanks

Level 8

Hi again, because I think you don’t see these I’ve already deleted because they was refused. And since this problem happened on my account I don't post many notices anymore (knowing that it will be rejected). Better not to waste time for nothing and even more to receive a rejection notification.

for me if 99,9999999% of reviews is not accepted that’s almost ALL. 

Level 8

@legacy_account As a fellow Level 8 Local Guide, I'd hate to see you give up what you've been doing. I see you have more reviews, more photos, more views, and more points than I do, so you must be doing something right. My suggestion is to carefully read back through the other responses you've received so far, and continue contributing as you've been before.

By the way, I can see recent reviews you've posted, so they're clearly not refused or rejected. Everything looks fine, and you definitely haven't been banned.