LuisHM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Dear Friends!

Seeing this I can not resist myself being ignorant to the post but I don't have right words to address it well. I just want to add that we must not deviate our path because of issues we have to face. Disappointment had happened to me as well but I can not stop myself to help people in my locality via map because of this. So we have to move on whatever be the condition is. Lets not down the energy within us @LuisHM.

Level 8

@YK1001 If you see the Table he have 2 views, I can say 1 of that views its from a user, because he leave the video before it end.

In my case I have 2 complete views from USA "Tennessee and California". 

1.png

There are things that I personally think about Local Guides Program.

1.- I saw on Google Maps many people who have contributions "reviews" like very good service, so Its not a good way to view how people contribute to the program.

2.- If you are meticulous you can see Local Guides Program Its not following the rules of their programs so Local Guides Connect its not interesting for Google Local Guides team.

So how Local Guides wants people to participate more and more in their program if they dont care about it?

Connect Moderator

Hola @LuisHM, comprendo tus sentimientos, frustración y todo eso que te pasa por tu cabeza, me inclino a pensar más como dice @YK1001, pero de todos modos quizás eso no te contente, y tu sentimiento e insatisfacción persista un tiempo más, bueno ya se te va ha pasar y regresaras al ruedo, como no me cabe la menor duda, tu fuerza y aplicación al programa es verdadero, pero las reglas son las reglas, aquí y en la China jejeje, si no eres al momento de aplicar a la convocatoria mayor de edad quedas eseptuado, el año que viene lo podrás hacer. (No se ya eres mayor de edad, si es si, saltea este párrafo)

Por ótro lado, ve el lado positivo el año que viene tendrás más experiencias.

En general, te sugiero que no utilices el reflejo de los otros para posicionarse tu, se tu por lo que tú eres, que las recompensas llegan solas, ya veras. Eres un muy buen elemento de los colegas Local Guides, y extrañaríamos tus post si los dejamos de leer. 😀👍

saludos Farid

Level 8

Pero el es mayor de edad @FaridTDF a lo que se refiere es que al ser mayores de edad muchos gastamos tiempo contribuyendo y que es cierto, muchos de los seleccionados de otros países ni siquiera participan en los foros lo cual era parte de las "reglas" de Local Guides. 

Lo mismo te puedo decir, que desde mi impresión Google Local Guides no esta tomando en cuenta la participación de la gente en Connect al menos en México tambien han seguido esa linea para las reseñas en video, eso desalienta a seguir, yo estaba por mandar un video, y me desalienta ver que Local Guides  no sigue sus reglas, los videos semanales son "famosos" o Local Guides desconocidos incluso de niveles menores a los establecidos en las "reglas"

Personalmente me gustaría saber de algún Mexicano que haya sido seleccionado, porque creo que no hay nadie al menos de los "activos en la comunidad" 

Level 8

Gracias por tus palabras @FaridTDF. Sí soy mayor de edad, tengo 25 jeje. Como dice @Francisco-RS muchos de los que contribuimos somos mayores de edad y por consiguiente tenemos un trabajo el cual ocupa mucho tiempo de nuestras vidas y aún así nos hemos dado oportunidad de dedicarle parte del tiempo libre que tenemos a contribuir con el programa de Local Guides, hemos hecho lo posible a medida de nuestras capacidades en cuanto a tiempo se refiere. Muchos pensarán que mi molestia es por no haber sido invitado pero no es así, no creo que sea molestia puesto que yo sé muy bien la manera en que he contribuido al programa y por lo cual me siento orgulloso. El sentimiento es de decepción al notar que ningún mexicano, al menos de los que somos activos, fue seleccionado para este evento y sé que hay potencial para que alguien represente al país en la cumbre. Hubo gente de otros paises cuyos perfiles no quisiera mencionar pero que se pueden encontrar en las listas que otros hicieron sobre los invitados, donde se puede ver gracias a la función del foro de saber la fecha de cuándo se registraron y su actividad; que no han sido miembros activos del foro Connect, sólo activaron la cuenta para postularse y aún así lograron ser invitados. Así también me siento orgulloso y alegre de saber que hay miembros activos y que han aportado mucho a este foro que recibieron su invitación. No me gustaría que piensen que estoy molesto por no recibir una recompensa, me siento defraudado al saber que el criterio no se cumplió como se dijo y que mi país no fue invitado a la cumbre cuando hay candidatos para ello.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 7

Greetings from Tlaxcala!!

Hi!!

My name is Milly and I live in a tiny town in the state of Tlaxcala, which I assume you know is the smallest in our Republic. I don't always have internet connection, which is really annoying, but today I got connection and I checked my E-mail. I got selected for the summit. After reading your post, I'm not really sure why you didn't get chosen. Some other, Mexican Local guides told me I was chosen beacuse I have a visa, but you say you do too, so I don't really know waht happened. But I want to tell you that I am sure the work you do on this site is very valuable, and as you said, you do it to help others, not only for the rewards, I work full-time and I'm a mom, so I know what you mean about not having time, and yet still finding the time to collaborate. I hope I'm not the only Mexican that was chosen, yet I also hope that the work that you do on localguides des not stop. I'm fairly new here, but I know that, as you said, Local Guides can change tthings, can help tourism, local commerce, and even accesibility from other countries. Please be happy, and I hope we get a chance to meet sometime. 

P.S. just because I know you're wondering, You have many more points than I do. I only have 739, but I recently got the 80,000 views thing... so maybe that had something to do with it??? I don't know

Stay in touch 😉

Level 7

That's the attitude!!

@DiAnaUS wrote:

Don't give up, your time will come! @LuisHM sad many are disappointed with not getting picked. But Google had a though decision. Only 150 from the 9,000 that applied. I'm sure than these hidden gems that we find to be as new to the community, had shared with Google more about their contributions in their private applications. Not being chosen should not be an end all be all for Google maps and Connect. Many of those disappointed last year are celebrating this year from being chosen. You shouldn't give up over one event, there will be plenty others! 

I love your attitude, I'm sure we will all benifit from that kind of response when we are disappointed, not only in these type of matters, but also in life 😉

Thanks for uplifting others , and uplifting me 😉

Level 8

Re: That's the attitude!!

Hi @MillyS I'm going to answer you in english so others can get the chance to understand us more. It's great to know we did get someone to represent us at Summit this year. As we stated above, we both have a Visa and our spare time is limited due to our activities but even that we get to contribute to this program in order to help our community. I'm glad to know you have upcoming events in Tlaxcala, I really hope you get us the 7th orage star for mexican Supported Communities. I guess we won't figure out their criteria since you are a bit new in here but I'm sure you will get enough time to prepare for the Summit and do your best to represent us. Yes, I do have more contributions than you and it's been a fun ride full of adventures which I do not regret at all. Here are my stats up to date, you gotta catch up with me since my first picture was uploaded on February 2016 😛

Stats PC.jpg

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides