Francisco-RS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Suggestion to improve Meet Up Section

Local Guides Is promoting Meet-Ups, but we have several problems there.

1. If you want to assist, you are using your "google account" to sign in, but just a little % of people is using the option "join to the conversation".
  2. Many of the attendees don't use the forum of connect "but with the change of usernames maybe we can contact them" but right now when you click on X# will attend if you click on the photo you will be redirected to the "contributions profile of google maps" where is impossible contact them.
  3. I searched on google+ the names and can contact many using the photo of their profile, added to a circle but when you share your location "there is not an option to share to "circles of google+" , neither share to "meet up attendes"
  4. Many of the news people never enter to "Meet ups" so a widget in the "language section" could be good,  for example in the spanish section "you can select on your meet up "show in spanish section" I mean like "lastest Photos", "photos with + kudos" etc.

If you think the same or  have more ideas just leave it here, we can improve the meet up section!

Ciudad de México, México
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Suggestion to improve Meet Up Section

hi @Francisco-RS

when your meet up approved from google you can share your meet up information in social media.

so people can easily join your meet up.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 8

Yes, they are already your friends but, if others want to join then is hard to find  information about they

Level 10

@Francisco-RS

they can join from searching Location.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 8

Nop, if u check the Usernames are others, If you click on their profile you will be redirected to an profile of google maps "contributions" different than "connect or google+"

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Francisco-RS - Thanks for sharing your feedback! It's an interesting idea that we should point to a user's Connect profile instead of their Google Maps profile. The initial feedback we got was that people wanted to see the Google Maps contributions from other attendees, but maybe it's better to link to Connect so it's easier for a host to get in touch with folks directly. I'll speak to our team about this to see what others think.

Can you clarify #4? Are you suggesting that if someone submits a meet-up in Spanish, we should post it to the Spanish board instead of the meet-up board? I think it's best to keep all meet-up posts on the meet-up board, and we can think of better ways to encourage Local Guides to check out the meet-up board in the first place. I also think we should be encouraging more Local Guides to use the search function to find other Local Guides in their cities, and meet-ups taking place.

Level 8

JessicaS ha escrito:

Hi @Francisco-RS - Thanks for sharing your feedback! It's an interesting idea that we should point to a user's Connect profile instead of their Google Maps profile. The initial feedback we got was that people wanted to see the Google Maps contributions from other attendees, but maybe it's better to link to Connect so it's easier for a host to get in touch with folks directly. I'll speak to our team about this to see what others think.

Can you clarify #4? Are you suggesting that if someone submits a meet-up in Spanish, we should post it to the Spanish board instead of the meet-up board? I think it's best to keep all meet-up posts on the meet-up board, and we can think of better ways to encourage Local Guides to check out the meet-up board in the first place. I also think we should be encouraging more Local Guides to use the search function to find other Local Guides in their cities, and meet-ups taking place.

Thanks @HelloJess here is my answer.

Talking about the Google Maps Contributions, If the team want to save that part, you can add a link to contact in the "Attendees" section, like an e-mail. Thats the point to give the organizer a chance to get in touch with his assistants, I dont know how the people who are not in connect apply to meet ups, but in my meet up 5 ppls never enter in connect, and their are a local guides lvl 2-4.

In the point #4,  I suggest a Widget like a Mirror... 
Example. I host a Meet up in México > when I fill the data, I could select an option "show in the Spanish board section" (this because many of mexicans only enter to the spanish section. It will be like a Mirror Widget

I put an image, of course, is just a suggestion and an example. That widget could display as a slide show all nearby meetups "15 days - 1 month" (ofc are the showed need be Congruent, The "polski section" dont need a meet up from brasil. 

This suggestion is for help the newbies because I saw many who put "lets go meet up on that sections" so they dont know about the Meet Up section.

1.png

Level 8

JessicaS ha escrito:

Thanks @HelloJess Here are my suggestions, if the team wants to show the contributions in google maps, it might be a great idea to put a button "contact, email or something" in the "attenders" section of course only visible to the "hoster". The idea is to give the organizer a chance to be able to contact users in an easier way, this because many do not use connect or enter the discussion section

1.png

About point #4

I like the section "Meet Up" but it is difficult to find especially for new enthusiasts, why I think is hard?, I saw many post on sections who are trying to search or make a meet up in the language sections. 

So my idea is something like a "mirror" widget. When you fill up the Meet Up data, for example, a Spanish guy is making a Meet Up, you can select something like "show your meeting in the Spanish section" and .. in the Spanish section you could see the nearby meetings (15-30 days). "Of course this must be logic a meet up from a Mexican will not show in the Polski Section.

1.png

Former Google Contributor

@Francisco-RS Thanks for clarifying! These are great ideas. We're already looking into ways we can improve the host <--> attendee communication channel, so stay tuned for more. I like the idea of sharing language-specific meet-ups as widget in the language board. I'll look into this to see what the feasibility is like.