brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Who are Selected for Connect Live 2018?

@HeyJoe

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. 

I think of all this phenomenon like this:

"If someone subtracts Google and its services out of my daily life, I cannot even survive a month". 

Best thing, I am getting all of it for free, so I must give it back to the community. Maps and LocalGuides is the only program that enabled people like me to do what we love to do 🙂

Level 9

@OmerAli Trust me I am one of them. 

Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe

So happy to hear that 🙂

Good job mate, Let's carry on doing our bit to spread the love and make this world a better place. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Announcing this year’s big event: Connect Live 2018!

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S you've posted on this topic several times insisting on getting an email. Several moderators have advised the same course that as long as you got the thank you screen then the email is not needed. Please don't continue to post this over and over on each board. I will merge this with the others.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Based on last year experience @MIHashimi, you will receive an email on June 20, at the end of the day (New York time).

Type of camera that you are using for contributing and/or for your application video is not important. Google Maps is designed for being used in Mobile, and the several Tips that we are receiving (thanks @AnnaDickson) are based on mobile activities.

Like @OmerAli said, it will be an hard job to pick the 150 that will be invited to attend at Connect Live '18, even if of course all the ones that have applied are expecting to be selected.

Well, I want to tell you a story. I have been invited at LocalGuidesSummit'17, as a "second choice".

The first mail that I received was telling me that ...

summit 17.JPG

So, there is no reason for complaining. I had the opportunity to meet in there 150 wonderful Local guides, and I still considering that I have been very lucky, for the opportunity of meeting them

Ermes

Level 10

@MIHashimi wrote:

Yesterday was the day that 150 Local Guides receive email from Google For Connect Live 2018 😞 Broken 

Sometime we make some mistakes like you this time. Try to fix them, stand up and keep going on, man.

Cheersssss....

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 8

Hello 

@PaulPavlinovich

Thanks for your information.

Please provide local guides the link so that they can find out the Status of their application submitted as acknowledgment. I heard from some friends they received email and their application is approved. That was the reason I would like to know about it. 

IF IT IS CONNECT LIVE 2018 - #LOCAL GUIDES. 

Just for clarification please why then 20th June 2018 when they receive approval email. All are  Local Guides so selection should be on fair basis .

Thanks Paul for your information .

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide

Level 7 

INDIA 

Level 6

Re: Submission of applicaton

I think they said that they will inform successful participants by Mid June. Just hang in there.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Jayalakshmi_Rao_S,

Please check out this page for information on what to expect regarding your Connect Live application. We moderators are unable to provide insights into your application status unfortunately. We ask for your patience and wish you good luck!

Level 6

Hi @ArielleM_

Thanks for the valuable update.

Best of luck !

Best regards,

Thokchom DS, India.