cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Community Service

Hello Local guides,

How do you give back to your society?

What community service are you involved in?

What non profit cause have you embodied?

Please share with us...

For me, I started a non profit organization(NGO) in 2016 but due to financing and other logistics my activities on the NGO was very few in 2017, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=617859021900665&id=581694212183813

We needed so many things, training venues, equipments etc... Although we got so many people who loved the idea and volunteer their time and commitment and are still eager to be part of our programs but financing the skill acquisition trainings we organize was becoming much difficult as many people keep indicating interest to gain from our trainings...

But 2018 has been different, things are changing and everything is falling into place gradually....

I am planning on training 1,000 People on different skills on or before 2019...

Special thanks to friends, family and our ever reliable volunteers, so if you are in Lagos, Nigeria, I encourage you to take advantage of our April free training in Lagos, Nigeria.

And if you are not in Nigeria, do not worry, hopefully we will expand soon via partnership... I intend to keep this post short so I will stop here...

My advice:

wherever you are, however it is, there's always something you can give no matter how small, if it will put a smile on someone else's face please do it. For, it's more blessing to receive than to give!

@OSAMA, @Jesi, @Shirley

Empowered 40women on different skills in 2017Empowered 40women on different skills in 2017

FB_IMG_1523181983417.jpg

Empowerment program for April 21st 2018Empowerment program for April 21st 2018

A-Beta
Lagos, Nigeria
28 comments
Level 10

Re: Community Service

Wao you're doing a great job @AnitaAO and I can only pray and wish you successful expansion in this empowering prowess of yours! Kudos to you.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 9

Awesome job @AnitaAO keep progressing and inspiring us all.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @AnitaAO

You are doing something important for your community, you should be proud of it.

Myself, apart of the financial support of UN for migrants, I am running with @AntonellaGr and @manulele81@ a project for rebuilding the areas involved in the earthquake in central Italy, with many activities. We will be there again in a few days for the continuation of the project

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/From-the-day-when-everything-started-Map...

Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @MrLabule

A-Beta
Level 9

@Specobelle, thank you for your encouragement.

A-Beta
Level 9

Good to know @ErmesT that you are a part of UN programs for migrants. Maybe I need to connect with you via private messaging.

There's no limit to what we can achieve if we believe....

Thank you also for your kind words, I appreciate you!

A-Beta
Level 9

Very nice post @AnitaAO , am very proud of you and how you help your community Specially women , you do great jop in Nigeria , 

I believe that us as local guides have something to give for our communities

We are a voluntery Program 📣 and we know how much happiness you feel when help others , keep it up am

Sure @ErmesT , @TraciC will like your post 🙂

Keep it up and keep inspire us 

Level 9

@AnitaAO, thanks for tagging me! I hope your event goes well on Saturday, you'll definitely have to let us know how it goes!

Over the years, I have been involved in a few NGOs, most of them have to do with healthcare and health-related outcomes. Some of them on a global level, and connecting health professional students with each other to further develop our clinical skills to help our patients. With an aging population, it is becoming increasingly important for everyone to be more health conscious, so that is my main focus and interest!

Looking forward to seeing your update 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Great one there.

Although, I can't really say I have a direct community service in my neighborhood - Ijegun - but I make sure we keep the community clean at all times.

I take out every given opportunity to educate and enlighten my people on the need to have a clean environment and most importantly, it begins with every individual first! Make sure u dispose all litters properly not infront of your neighbor's house or on the road.

And I also do the above enlightenment at my place of work - Ajao Estate