Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Challenge: Share a museum photo on Google Maps to earn a Connect badge

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar

Shortely after I graduated as a nutritionist a foundations in Denmark decided they wanted to create a hands-on science museum in Dennark modeled after the Exploratorium in San Francisco.

Hand-on museums teach by letting guests play and experiment with exhibits. So just showing photos and texts are not what you will find at the then new Danish museum called Experimentarium.

I made exhibits on nutrition (my first exhibit was named Restaurant Joule where guests could test and get feedback on their dietary choices. 72 photos and two computers screens). 

Later I also developed interactive exhibitions on cancer prevention, air pollution, and meteorology.

I really loved this work. Lots of fun, learning to make effective and interactive communication.  

Later I got a job at the Cancer Society where I developed 3 computer games, and organized a successful public-private partnership to increase the consumption of Fruit and Vegetables. 

All the best and thanks for asking 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar 

Wow these are commendable photos and contributions. Haha! Getting this new badge won't be easy at all 😅 Lots of local guides and even CMs surfacing with good stuff !!! Thank you for sharing these.

I must say I like whenever connect comes alive like this. It's interesting what contributions contest or even campaign can do. Looking forward to more contributions and more so this exceptional badge.

Keep the Museums and all coming its interesting.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @Ivi_Ge !

I love the topic and I love the museums! I've visited tons of museums here in my city and the ones I like more are the ones that show the history or are emplazed in old houses. 

This time, I want to share with you a photo and my review of the Modern Museum in Buenos Aires City. This is a museum of modern art that suprised me a lot because of the contrast between the modernity of the museum and the antiquity of the neighbourhood where it is located.  Casually I shared the photos of this museum in Maps only 2 days ago!

One of the rooms of  the Modern Museum in Buenos Aires, a museum of modern art. In this photo can be seen several persons enjoying the different pieces of art. This room was dedicated to recycling, so most of the art pieces are made with different type of recyclables, even the green arch in the center was fully surrounded by recycled objects.One of the rooms of the Modern Museum in Buenos Aires, a museum of modern art. In this photo can be seen several persons enjoying the different pieces of art. This room was dedicated to recycling, so most of the art pieces are made with different type of recyclables, even the green arch in the center was fully surrounded by recycled objects.

I like this photo because you can see there that the people is enjoying their visit to the museum, taking photos and enjoying the art exposed. I also like it because the pieces of art that are visible in this photo (mannequins and also the green arch) are made with lots of recycled materials. This photo merge the two things I like the most... museums and ecology!! Can it be better? 🏛🌱

UPDATE: I found this photo were you can see some Local Guides from Buenos Aires under the arc where the recycled objects can be appreciated in more detail.

Screenshot_20230524-080958.png

Here you can read my review of the museum and also see the photo in Google Maps

Thank you for this campaign! I enjoyed a lot reviewing the museums I visited in Google Maps! 😄

Ceci    

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Connect Moderator

Me encantó tu foto @Maximilianozalazar !! 👏

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Level 10

I visited this old airport that has now been turned into a museum. The first airplane to land in the UAE was in 1932.
I was amazed at the aircraft hanging from the ceiling. Lots of old planes, equipment and photos were on display for everyone to see and learn. 

36B5468A-2F95-4562-9C20-B87468BF464D.jpeg

36366240-3CAD-4F01-B6F1-30BAD518816A.jpeg

FC9879E0-1141-41D9-B4C0-B28BB305EDE3.jpeg

1C684BEC-57EC-4856-A4F2-0E7E664E681E.jpeg

BCBE8A19-C97A-40C6-8829-446E2C8E1B24.jpeg

CDB2C536-20FF-4CBA-A28A-1464E433C31A.jpeg

I took a lot of photos but these ones are my favorites because they explain how far the industry of flying has progressed. 

Check out this review of Al Mahatta Museum on Google Maps https://maps.app.goo.gl/J3xsyvVSF79TuHcZA?... 

Connect Moderator

What a way to celebrate the day, @Ivi_Ge! Thank you and the team for this challenge, it's a great way to get to know museum around the world as well as each other better.

I visited the Malba museum recently with an amazing exhibit about Argentina's culture. Unfortunately I focused mostly on videos that day so I won't be entering the contest with a photo from there, but since I found it so interesting I'm leaving the link of my review here so you can see the videos there or in my profile! 

The place I am entering the contest with is the National Historic Museum (Museo Histórico Nacional). The photo is about a part of the exhibit and feature I absolutely loved:

Caption: A replica of a sword and a 4d version of a painting for everyone to touch, and for visually impaired people to enjoy the exhibit like everyone should.Caption: A replica of a sword and a 4d version of a painting for everyone to touch, and for visually impaired people to enjoy the exhibit like everyone should.

At first glance you might think that it's just a regular part of a museum, and you might even be thinking that it shouldn't be touched, but it's quite the opposite! In fact, both pieces seen are tactile models of a historic and protected painting and sword, so people that are visually impaired can enjoy the exhibit just as well. And everyone can touch them too of course, during my time there, everyone enjoyed the accessible feature! They had braille next to them as well, tactile maps, and many more features.
Not only do they include visually impaired people, but the place had a LOT of accessible and inclusive features, so I really loved it and I'm proud of my city/country for having this. Read my review and see my photos to check more of it.

Level 10

Ynt: Challenge: Share a museum photo on Google Maps to earn a Connect badge

hey @Ivi_Ge  thats perfect😊👌🏻, as a museum and history lover, I would be able to share photos here. Since many civilizations have been established in my country, you don't have trouble finding artifacts in museums. I'm not sure which one to share, but I'll share a few pictures from different places. I'm a museum lover. Below I leave you pictures from some of the museums I visited.and I took all the photos myself. If one day you come to Turkey, I am sure that I will guide local guides friends well in the museums.😊👍🏻

IMG_8972.jpeg
Lüzinyan Evi
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4V4UkCuyVqdcDWu9A?g_st=ic

IMG_8975.jpeg

Hatay Arkeoloji Müzesi
https://maps.app.goo.gl/r6o9B6PEw1Te6v5M6?g_st=ic

IMG_8974.jpeg

Odunpazarı Modern Müze (OMM)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Dy444RnbSrQN1sNQ8?g_st=ic

IMG_8976.jpeg

Adana Arkeoloji Müzesi
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ckRTxh8bC4NX7K6d7?g_st=ic

and my favorite photos that i want to participate in this contest.gypsy girl.The reason why it was named Gypsy Girl is that the person who made the work painted the hair of the human figure in the work with braids and colorful colors. According to some, it was inspired by Alexander the Great, and according to others, it was inspired by the Earth God Gaia.She was taken to America by historical artifact smugglers, but she returned to her homeland. Now she is hiding in a very sheltered place. And from any angle, the mosaic is watching you. Just like in Leonardo Da Vinci's painting, in the Gypsy Girl Mosaic, you can make eye contact no matter where you look at the person in the depiction.

IMG_8977.jpeg

Zeugma Mozaik Müzesi
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NwY17D5z3qCsBVEz5?g_st=ic

and mu commemt about here :

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hd8oKBkwqDeiDbfN9?g_st=i

Level 8

@Ivi_Ge wonderful idea! Museums have lots of history sometimes that you do not even imagine.

Really hard to choose just one, to be honest. A few months ago I visited Museo Marítimo y del Presidio de Ushuaia in the southernmost part of the world. It used to be a jail, but now it has 4 museums, one for each pavilion: Maritime Museum, Museum of the Prison (the photo I will be entering the contest), Antarctic Museum, and Marine Art Museum.

IMG_3015.jpg

The photo I chose was this one, mainly because it reflects and shows how things were, originally. It is like being transported to how the prisoners lived back then.

Here you can find my review in which you can find more pictures.

Connect Moderator

It is an exciting challenge 😃

I love visiting museums. A museum is a place where there is always something new to learn. It's a bit of a chore for me to select the best photo but I'll share with you my most viewed photo which I really like.@Ivi_Ge 

I want to share with you a photo of the Dandi Kutir Museum in Gandhinagar City. Looking like a mount of salt from the outside, this museum tells the complete story of Gandhiji's life. 

Inside multi-layered view of Dandi Kutir MuseumInside multi-layered view of Dandi Kutir Museum

Here is the photo link: https://goo.gl/maps/Eta33udV5XQhA7Ms5

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hi @Ivi_Ge  what an amazing challenge i am on it....😊😊

Thank you so much for adding this new challenge with the connect badge

Happy Guiding 😊