Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Challenge: Share a museum photo on Google Maps to earn a Connect badge

Weird.  Thanks. I’ll check that out. 

Level 7

For some reason that link is still working for me.   But Google Maps is still processing the photos I added so I cannot put the photo links where I have said I would yet.

Level 10

Hello @Ivi_Ge ,

This is really a great way to share and highlight our country heritage across the globe.

Here, I am sharing few glimpses of National Gallery of Modern Art situated at Jaipur House, Shershah Rd, near India Gate, New Delhi, India.

National Gallery of Modern Art is an awesome place to visit. The arts and paintings with their significance are well portrayed here. This also gives an in depth knowledge about our heritage and ancient culture.  Good place for outdoor photography too.

This place has global significance as it captures the modern art from across the globe.

Photo 1: National Museum and Art Gallery Interior ViewPhoto 1: National Museum and Art Gallery Interior View

Photo 2: National Museum and Art Gallery Interior ViewPhoto 2: National Museum and Art Gallery Interior View

Photo 3: Jaipur House New Delhi , India- National Museum and Art Gallery Interior ViewPhoto 3: Jaipur House New Delhi , India- National Museum and Art Gallery Interior View

My contribution to google map about this place and photos can be checked by clicking the below links named as Gallery 1, Gallery 2 and Gallery 3.

Gallery 1 

Gallery 2 

Gallery 3 

JAI HO!!! 

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Connect Moderator

Hi @PeteMHW 

Your photos are available in Maps under your profile. Great photo, I want to say.

However your review is private, part of a set of 8 hidden reviews (not visible on your public profile).

I suggest you to read An update on how we moderate Google Maps reviews . In there you will find a link to a form that you can fill out to request to the team a verification of the hidden reviews. Please keep in mind that the check may take several weeks, but everything that is not against the rules will be released

Level 7

Thanks for this @ErmesT  Your advice is appreciated.  I have tried three times and it's still not being published. I have no idea why, as everything is my own writing or photos, is a genuine reflection of my experience, and abides by all the rules.  It's so frustrating and makes it feel like it's not worth contributing. It's taken so much time.   Additionally, it means I can't link to my review or photos in the Museum Competition.  

Connect Moderator

I do not consider an hidden review as an issue, @PeteMHW .

As the main issue in this moment is Fake Engagement, the AI is filtering well written reviews, so I consider a private review as a sign of appreciation.

My review of the museum was hidden too.

I shared it in my reply, and a few hours ago all my hidden reviews were released 😉

So feel free to share it in your post.

Connect Moderator

Great community challenge @Ivi_Ge !! I do hope that we'll get to see more of this in the future too! 😊

Recently, the Manchester Local Guides had a meetup organised by @PeteMHW to visit the Manchester Museum (you can read his recap here). Unfortunately, I wasn't back in Manchester yet so I couldn't participate, but I did manage to visit the museum on my own. Quick backstory: the museum had been closed for a few years to undergo a development of a new extension as well as a refurbishment of existing areas. It only recently re-opened in February 2023, hence, the spike in interest from the general public to see what's changed and to explore the new galleries. 

Naturally, I took tons of videos and photos (I hope to have them up on my YouTube channel soon) but my favourite photo is the one below:

Caption: A photo of Manchester Museum showing the main atrium where the skeleton of a sperm whale is hung high up above the visitors and the various floors with their interesting exhibits. In front of the whale skeleton is also a hand-crocheted piece in the form of a skeletal hand.Caption: A photo of Manchester Museum showing the main atrium where the skeleton of a sperm whale is hung high up above the visitors and the various floors with their interesting exhibits. In front of the whale skeleton is also a hand-crocheted piece in the form of a skeletal hand.

The photo shows the older section of the museum (i.e. not the new extension). This view doesn't do justice to the impressive size of the sperm whale skeleton but it does show you the beautiful building that harbours it. You can see the skylight roof that lets in natural light, the various floors with the different but fascinating natural history exhibits. And you may be wondering why there is a skeletal hand at the foreground? Well, there's also an ongoing exhibit called Dab Hands that showcases art pieces that pay tribute to the human hand! 

Here are the reasons why I like this photo:

• Uses natural lighting from the skylight 
  • Leading lines create perspective and draw the viewer into the photo
  • You can get an overview of the various floors and the things to see in this section of the museum
  • There's a nice sense of scale to show the size and floor space
  • The skeletal hand is intriguing and raises curiosity from the viewer

You can find my full review here and hopefully, you'll enjoy the rest of the photos that I uploaded too. I've also uploaded videos separately but they don't seem to be attached to my review. I've picked out a few that folks may enjoy; here, here, here and here

Here's a collage of some of the photos that I uploaded as well in case folks are too busy to view my review:

Caption: A collage of 6 photos showing the various exhibits and spaces found at the Manchester Museum.Caption: A collage of 6 photos showing the various exhibits and spaces found at the Manchester Museum.

And finally, I leave everyone with this funny photo from my museum visit:

Caption: A photo of one of the exhibit section showing stuffed wildlife with a neon word "Connect" above it.Caption: A photo of one of the exhibit section showing stuffed wildlife with a neon word "Connect" above it.

It looks like they have a section for the Connect Community although I'm not sure if it means we're all like wild animals on display! 😂

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

@Anonymous That looks like a very interesting museum!!! Thanks for sharing!! 

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

Wow @Yotaroh The design and structure of the Kadokawa Musashino Museum is very impressive!! I love buildings like that.. Thanks for sharing!

Level 8

@Rohan10 Thanks for the feedback. I added the link back. 👍