JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Category changes - the ultimate overview

Hopefully AED / Defibrillator will make the cut one day. 

Connect Moderator

Wow @JanVanHaver el tema de las categorías en Maps es bastante complejo. Muchas veces al agregar un comercio he tenido que elegir la categoría por aproximación jaja Desde siempre hay en mi país comercios de cercanía ciya categoría debería ser "Almacén", no supermercado (porque no es tan grande), no tienda de alimentos bi tampoco tienda de ultramarinos ( nadie sabe aquí que es éso). Pero sólo Almacén como categoría no existe. Hay terminología que para mí debería adaptarse a cada idioma y país.

Increíble trabajo el que haces Jan! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Saludos.

Silvy.

Connect Moderator

Indeed @SilvyC in a lot of cases regional variations are needed if you want local guides to use the correct category. I have personal experience with that in my own language, Dutch. For some businesses the word used in The Netherlands is different from what we use in Flanders, the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, and that causes a lot of incorrect categories here - or a lot of opportunities to gain points by making corrections, that is of course also a way of looking at it 😎

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply