OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Call for Grand Selfie Photo Mosaic- 01

Yayyy @YasumiKikuchi! I know @OmerAli has a big smile waiting to see what your submission will look like.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

That is one beautiful picture @KarenVChin

I'm so happy that you shared .

@ErmesT is a legend, captured it so well. 

Btw, you can share more than one Karen 😉

Connect Moderator

No one is a legend @OmerAli, or, we are all legend. That is the case of this picture.

-Name: Ermes

-LGC Username: ermest

-When? October 8, 2018 8:00 am

-Why I like this place? The cofee was very good in there, and it was just before the very first official activity related to Connect Live '18. Nice to meet in a so special moment some of the legend of the community

Caption: Local Guides meeting a day before Connect LiveCaption: Local Guides meeting a day before Connect Live

Connect Moderator

Absolutely @ErmesT
Group selfies are more fun I guess. 

Could you please tell us about where it was taken and why you like this particular picture so much?

cheers

Level 9

Wonderful @OmerAli 🙂 here's my turn

IMG_20181119_105242.jpg

Name - Ilankovan Thushyantha

Username - @IlankovanT

Location - Batticaloa, Sri Lanka

Why I love this place - I'm a nature lover and I love greens 🙂 yes I love greens and especially paddy fields. I have taken this photo while traveling to Arugambay Beach, Sri Lanka 🙂

Connect Moderator

That's like Green green @IlankovanT 🙂

Top Shot. Thank you so much. 

This post is definitely going to pin some places on my wishlist. 🙂

Level 9

Wow!! I'm happy that you like this green @OmerAli 💚

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Grand Selfie Challenge - (Gulmarg , Jammu & Kashmir)

Ambreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 (Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir)Ambreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 (Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir)Ambreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 (Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir)Ambreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 (Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir)So accepting @OmerAli Challenge Call for Grand Selfie Photo Mosaic , it's difficult to pick a favorite place because there are so many of them, but sharing one of my favorite selfie which i took in (Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir) even when i was freezing and scared.

-Name: Ambreen Shaikh

-LGC Username: @Ambreen

-Why I like this place?: 

I visited Gulmarg in 2017. Actually on the first day when we landed here , it was a mixed reaction since there was protest in Srinagar and some stone pelting incident, we quickly left from that place for Gulmarg which was a few hours drive from Srinagar.

In between we had a another incident where few local's tried to stop our car but our driver was very helpful , they spoke something in (Kashmiri) local language and then they finally let us leave. I still have no idea what that was? we all were scared and we never tried to find out and just decided to enjoy our journey. Apart from that , rest of our journey was so amazing.

Once we reached Gulmarg it was a whole new world, one of the most heavenly experience of my life, something i can never explain in words. Gulmarg is a beautiful tourist spot, unbelievable breathtaking views, also it's a very safe place. I found the people at the resort and even the locals extremely helpful and sweet. They make sure you eat well and you are warm and your needs are met. We made alot of friends here and i would recommend that it's always best to know a local out here may be from the resort, if you plan to visit this place.

Gulmarg is one of the famous skiing destinations , i even learnt snowboarding which was lot of fun, initially i did fell a few times but trust me it was worth it. Temperature was freezing cold ,it was almost -14 Degree but all thanks to the locals who made sure to arrange the Bukhari (heater) to keep us warm. There are so many exciting things to do in Gulmarg and i am looking forward to sharing that soon with all you lovely people at Local Guides Connect ? Till then lot's of Love - @Ambreen 

Hope @OmerAli i followed the template you shared ? Thanks for the challenge.

Level 8

Hi @OmerAli

Thank you for this interesting challenge - here is my template for Grand Selfie Challenge at Gulmarg Hill Station, Jammu and Kashmir.

Ambreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 - Gulmarg Hill StationAmbreen Shaikh Local Guide Level 7 - Gulmarg Hill Station