cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

🔔Announcement Stay On TRAC !!!🔔

IMG_20231031_102528_052.jpg

Hello dear local guides and exclusive mappers,

Our holidays have been very good and interesting. As you know we have been working quietly in the background. Since we are officially closed we haven't been publishing any updates or achievements etc. Nevertheless,we realise that as a team or community or group,we need a focus or target to keep us together.

Therefore as a team,TRACians have decided to organise a very brief event just to have an objective and to keep us together. We will also open briefly for new members to join the group. 

Our objectives & outlines are below;

• We are planning to organise an event on adding roads by Mid November 2023.
  • The duration is going to be for a week. Just one week.
  • We will plan to publish an official post on connect regarding that soon.
  • Here is a Form to be filled to indicate interest and it is open to all local guides.
  • Old or New members need to indicate interest to be part of this brief road adding exercise.
  • There will be a link to our Telegram chat group for unofficial interactions and discussions offline connect 
  • We will have conditions and terms for participants as we are trying to get all members to be more active on the team
  • Unlike the main TRAC event we possibly may not have a particular figure for a target this time but we would during the main event.
  • This is basically a brief exercise to flex our TRAC muscles and see how much we can produce in a week.
  • Please look out for the main post announcing the starting date terms for participants etc.

Looking forward to an exciting and challenging time together as a team. Please kindly join the train to be part of this.

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good.

Happy mapping 

Happy guiding 

Cheers.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Lagos, Nigeria
15 comments
Level 8

Re: 🔔Announcement Stay On TRAC !!!🔔

@SholaIB It's great to see the TRAC community coming together for this brief but exciting event!
Adding roads is such a valuable contribution to the mapping world, and your team's dedication is truly commendable.
Looking forward to hearing more about the starting date and terms for participants.

Keep up the fantastic work, TRACians!
Happy guiding and mapping to all!

✤ Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Nomad_vikram 

You are welcome. We appreciate your nice comments. Please find in the post the form for participation Feel free to fill in advance to indicate interest.

Looking forward to work together again. We are back !!!

Happy guiding 

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thats amazing @SholaIB. Excited to be a part again in this beautiful journey. 

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Connect Moderator

Hello @Nabeelasif and @StreetFreakazoid 

I saw your comments about wanting to active participate here. Here is a campaign about adding roads on the maps. We have added about 70k roads as TRAC team.

Feel free to join us and participate actively. There is a form to be filled to indicate interest. See you around the corner.

Happy guiding 

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

I can't wait to get startedI urge everyone to join us by filling out the form correctly 

Connect Moderator

I have Filled out the form, @SholaIB , and I am curious to see the term of the "exercise" and how we can monitor it.

I am adding road on a daily basis, so I have roads approved almost every day. Should we stop contributing waiting for the event to start?

Connect Moderator

Hello @ErmesT 

Thank you very much for filling the form. A few other moderators have also joined which I am happy about .You are a great supporter of TRAC. One thing is we miss you on the group. There are various questions we share and ideas on our telegram group. Your input would have been very nice. Anyway not too worry.

No!!! Please don't stop adding. I have been adding as well and have approvals even yesterday. Haven't added today though,but plan to do so later. Am.close to 7k,hopefully Ill get to 7k before next Monday. We start counting figures for TRAC from Monday 13th so I plan  to write the post this week whenever I am free. Guidelines etc regarding this brief event. 

One thing you must bear in mind is that it's the awareness and motivations of this that counts. We have those who normally wouldn't venture into adding roads but as a result of TRAC they have thousands of roads now for instance @Berete1 

@Tushar_Suradkar has also begun adding roads and I'm so proud of his input on TRAC. Wishing for more awareness and more members all for the improvement of Google maps.

Now,this isn't official yet,but I am wondering if one week will mean anything significant? Reasons being that I have had approvals of figures on my profile once a week this past week. Perhaps it's the same for you. It's possible we'll have to run for 2 weeks to be able to have anything significant to show. 

Lastly we really don't want idle TRAC members. We want all hands to be on deck. Therefore after a few days of adding we (Or I) will personally check on our members who neee help. Anyone who needs tips or clues explanations etc will be given. If you can't get active or aren't interested we will then decide what to do. Hope this answers your questions so far.

Waiting for your ideas or input of any please, and thank you again.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Ynt: 🔔Announcement Stay On TRAC !!!🔔

Hello @SholaIB , thank you for this beautiful event, I am sure it is a very exciting and community-bringing event, but to be honest, adding roads is one of the most difficult points on maps in my country. However, I will try this and join the group.😊👍🏻

Level 7

Thanks for allowing me to participate, I'm a freshman in TRAC, just joined the Telegram channel and filled the form,
I have a newbie question: I spend most of my time on adding or correcting roads in rural Tuscany (it is a kind of my personal "crusade"). The problem is that most of my edits do not get either accepted or refused, many are close to the 3 month period when they will just expire.
I am afraid that the same will happen during the current TRAC - my contributions may simply not be useful to the cause.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Shall I just suspend my personal mission and try to make changes in the areas that have much higher chance of being looked at?