TharinduDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

An issue with icons

I recently added a business as a mobile caterer (Kaminro Foods Truck), but it doesn't get the spoon and fork icon on the map. how what should be the subcategory for it to get that icon?
All helping comments are appreciated. 

8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: An issue with icons

Hi @TharinduDM

Food trucks are not supposed to be on Google Maps.

Please see details here: https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/2642650

I re-read it and Food trucks are no longer mentioned. So it comes down to whether there is an appropriate category. Is Food truck available as a category?

I hope others will chime in also.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 9

Icon for places/listings on Maps are automatic, @TharinduDM . You cannot choose what icon that you prefer for a certain listing category you've added.

Level 7

@MortenCopenhagen Thank you for the link. It will be a great help to me in my future activities. This food truck is permanently there at the given open/close hours. I add the category as mobile caterer since they offer that service. I hope I've done nothing misleading.

Connect Moderator

I tried to read more about food trucks in the GBP forum and help pages, @TharinduDM.

I find info that they need to be Service Area Businesses. Others confirm they should not be on Google Maps. So I can't give you a definite answer. 

All the best 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Regarding your question, @TharinduDM , I think you need to wait a fed days, for a place creation to be fully formed. As you can see the icon is the right one now

ermest_0-1639586383945.png

In addition I see that the category used is restaurant, not mobile caterer, so my question is: is the business stable in that place, or is moving in different places? If it is stable it is fine to use restaurant, while in the second case it must be a Service Area Businesses, without an address.

I would like to suggest you also to remove the big amount of very similar photos, because this is not only useless to describe the business but also against the  Community policy

Google Moderator

Hi @TharinduDM,

Thanks for reaching out, I think @ErmesT & @MortenCopenhagen have provided a great answer to your questions. In order to keep Connect organized, I am changing your topic label under How-tos. 

I recommend you read this article What are Connect topics? to get to know the topics in the community. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Yeah! @ErmesT  later I changed it to the restaurant since it's a permanent location. And I will make sure to remove duplicate images. And + note
I informed the owner about google my business pros when combined with map and taught them how maps and that app works. It is already marked as a service area and now waiting for the verification post from google.

Everyone including @AngieYC, thank you for information sharing and assistance.

Connect Moderator

Please be careful with edits, @TharinduDM 

If it is in a stable position it cannot be a service area.

Make sure the business read carefully the rules, and not mess up with edits, otherwise your work will be obtaining the opposite results