PritishB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

♿Accessibility, Baby care zone and COVID-19 awareness in Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata

Photo- Wheelchair available near the main entrance of a Puja Pandal in Kolkata

Dear Local Guides,

Durga Puja is the biggest festival of Bengalis in West Bengal, India. During the puja days, all the cities around West Bengal are being decorated with different arts, lighting, and temporary structures (called pandals) are made where goddess Durga is worshipped during the puja days. People love to visit these pandals around Kolkata and other cities 24*7 during the puja days. However, till last year  wheelchair accessibility was ignored in most of the puja pandals in Kolkata with the absence of wheelchairs, accessible ramp, e.t.c. 

This year, during pandal hopping at midnight I was surprised after seeing most of the pandals have accessible entrance, wide flat moving area for the wheelchair, and baby care zone. Below are some images-

Baby care zone-

Photo- Baby care room at Dumdum park tarun sangha puja pandal

Accessibility-

Photo- Wheelchair accessible entrance (ramp) at Chetla Agrani Puja Pandal

Photo- Wheelchair accessible entrance to Hatibagan Sarbojonin puja pandal

Photos- wheelchair accessible flat moving area inside different puja pandals

COVID-19 awareness-

Photo- Awareness related poem written in Bengali language at New alipore suruchi sangha puja pandal. The poem indicates the importance of wearing a a mask and maintaining social distancing.

Photo- marking inside and outside puja pandal to maintain social distancing

Thank you for reading this post. Have a great day!

#HappyGuiding

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: ♿Accessibility, Baby care zone and COVID-19 awareness in Durga Puja pandals at Kolkata

Great photo captured to highlight accessibility and social-distancing awareness, my friend 👍

It is good to see the awareness is increasing every year thanks to the efforts of local guides like you @PritishB 

Keep discovering and sharing. Great job.

Level 7

Re: ♿Accessibility, Baby care zone and COVID-19 awareness in Durga Puja pandals at Kolkata

Its will be glorious for future reference to the rolled model for other heritage City of India became the future be gold to believe that I hoped you would be good researching and again progress in future for your photography skills and knowledge of assessebility so baby care zone and 🌹🌷🙏thanks for your hiring thought of your cooperation in future. 

Ved Prakash Chaturvedi
Level 8

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar for your charming comments. I am a fan of your accessibility work. Your words and works are really inspiring. Stay happy.

Have a great day!

#HappyGuiding

Level 10

Great Work Done @PritishB images are clearly showing the arrangement of Accessibility and Social distancing. keep it up that will help lots of people. 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Re: ♿Accessibility, Baby care zone and COVID-19 awareness in Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata

through perfect eye @PritishB keep helping the mission. accesiblity

lets help all special able community

regards

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Connect Moderator

Re: ♿Accessibility, Baby care zone and COVID-19 awareness in Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata

Excellent! You are doing really great. Keep it up bro @PritishB 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Amazing 👍 @PritishB 

You have clearly mentioned Accessibility zone and Baby care room .

Your work is always appreciative.

HappyGuiding

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Level 10

Well done, our dear @PritishB,

Great Mission...

Happy to know that even Pandals are getting Accessibility friendly...

Of course, the poem is very valid... we need it the most.

All the best for your efforts

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

@PritishB great post. Thanks for sharing this post. Accessibility, wear mask & awareness to people great steps.