Harsha_rai's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A drive to Malshej Ghat

For making the best use of the weekend in monsoon, we planned a drive to Malshej Ghat which is well known for its beautiful waterfalls in the rainy season. A car was already booked well in advance so on a sunny Saturday morning we started our drive towards Malshej. 

Caption: Route when weather changedCaption: Route when weather changed

Caption: The way towards Malshej GhatCaption: The way towards Malshej Ghat

It hasn't rained for the last few days hence we were in a great dilemma about the place but safer side we still carried an extra pair of clothes, umbrella and rain jackets.

Malshej is located in the lofty rugged hills of the Western Ghats which is nearly 130 km away from Pune.

We started around 8:00 in the morning and took route suggested by Google map via Chakan-Narayangaon-Junnar. At some parts, the road was terrible in shape, but apart from that, it was entirely smooth along with beautiful landscapes, mountains and green fields. The way was a combination of dense forests, varieties of flora-fauna and small villages as well. It took around 3 hours for us to reach the main ghat after taking stopovers for photographs and snacks.

Initially, we thought as if we made a wrong choice by choosing a sunny day but, the rain God was kind enough as it started raining by the time we reached there.

The weather was good, but it became amazingly awesome once it started raining. The refreshing climate was one of the significant attractions. It was a perfect destination for nature lovers and photographers.

Caption: After rain effectsCaption: After rain effects

There were countless waterfalls in Malshej Ghat but the biggest attraction was a tunnel which had a big waterfall down towards the road which means the water completely falls off the car/vehicle when we drove from the way, making you go "WOW".

Caption: The main ghat with numerous waterfallsCaption: The main ghat with numerous waterfalls

While it was drizzling, we peacefully sat(as it was not much crowded) at one of the visiting points and enjoyed hot Maggie along with roasted corn(bhutta). Only smoky waterfall and clouds were visible everywhere. The place was not less than heaven.

Caption: One of the main attractions of Malshej ghatCaption: One of the main attractions of Malshej ghat

The fog was a complete treat to our eyes. We walked in the rain and enjoyed the weather to the fullest. Only a hot cup of tea was missing in such beautiful weather and place. Since it was raining heavily, all the tapri (small snacks shops) were closed.

caption: After rain view of roadcaption: After rain view of road

While driving back, I opened the window and put my head out of it( will surely not advice to do so). The rainfall and the cool breeze which was falling on my face added so much of joy. I loved the feeling and the place. The same route had become more beautiful after the rain. Throughout the way, I enjoyed the rainfall along with the melodious unplugged songs. 

On the way back, we searched and stopped at a small place for having tea while it was raining and then we started our drive back to Pune. We stuck in traffic at many places near Chakan and reached home at midnight.

Caption: Hot cups of teaCaption: Hot cups of tea

Caption: Our zoom car posing for a candid shotCaption: Our zoom car posing for a candid shotThe only turn off was seeing the used water bottles and wrappers of food items discarded on the roadside.

So just a suggestion, let's maintain the beauty of the place by keeping it clean 🙂

Caption:  Ok bye Malshej, see you soon !Caption: Ok bye Malshej, see you soon !

Happy tripping 🙂

Harsha Rai
https://instagram.com/roving__r?igshid=7o2e6r57kw6l
Pune, Maharashtra, India
17 comments
Level 10

Re: A drive to Malshej Ghat

@Harsha_rai lovely and beautiful places we have there

Level 9

Those are beautiful photos @Harsha_rai !!! Nicely narrated too!!👌🏼👍🏼

@Tushar_Suradkar @sophie_fusion @BijohnAdams  I am sure you will like these pictures too!!

Cheers!

Connect Moderator

Absolutely breathtaking views and tempting photos.

Thanks for notifying @ajitthite I am following @Harsha_rai already so can't miss this one.

We planned a trip to Malshej Ghat every weekend before leaving for Delhi and while living in Pune for the past 20 yrs but the plan never materialized. Hopefully next year... 😊

~Greetings from New Delhi

Level 7

@Harsha_rai Awesome 👏 

@ajitthite such a beautiful place making me to miss travelling even more

Throw kindness around like confetti's
Level 8

Thankyou everyone 🙂

Harsha Rai
Level 8

stRe: A drive to Malshej Ghat

Wonderful post, everything described so nicely. I really get a virtual trip. Thank you so much @Harsha_rai ji.

@ajitthite thanks for tagging me... 

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts
Connect Moderator

What an awesome place 😍 @Harsha_rai 

Thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Harsha_rai,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Are there other attractions except the amazing waterfalls? Could you add more information about the places, where we can stop for a lunch or a coffee?

I recommend you to check this link How to improve your nature photography to learn more useful tips about photography.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Level 8

Thank you @GNaz , this place is known only for amazing waterfalls that too in rainy season only. You can have proper food/beverages in the Hotels/restaurants present on the way, else in Malshej only Tea/Maggie/Roasted corns are available that too in small Tapri(small snack shops).

Harsha Rai