ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A World Of Flowers - The Local Guides Garden 2023

Beautiful as a flower. How many times have we heard that? No matter where we live, all over the world flowers represent beauty. Don't know what to give? A bouquet of flowers, or a flower in a vase, will always be an appropriate choice. A wreath of flowers, like the one in the cover photo of this post, represents an entire country.

Today, spring begins throughout the northern hemisphere of the planet, and the first sign of its arrival is given by the flowers, which begin to bloom everywhere.

Spring marks the beginning, life begins again, the grass sprouts while the snow on the mountains begins to melt. And so we too in Connect are starting again, with a new thread that this year is titled "A world of flowers", a thread that once again wants to invite everyone to tell the story of the place where they live through the flowers that grow there, or even those that are grown to be sold, and then decorate houses and gardens.

I'll start by describing the territory of the Veneto region. Veneto is located in the North East of Italy, and extends from the Adriatic Sea to the Dolomites, on the border with Austria. Surely you all know it for its capital, Venice, but certainly everyone has heard of its most famous food products: Tiramisu, Aperol Spritz, Prosecco.

Let's begin our journey starting from the very beginning of spring, with an image taken near the Cansiglio Forest, at an altitude of 1100 meters (3300 ft). The snow is starting to melt away, and primroses are starting to appear in the garden.

It takes a few weeks for the snow to melt completely, and the days that are slowly getting longer to get even warmer. That little bit of extra heat, barely perceptible, is instead a powerful signal for nature: spring has arrived, it's time to spring! It all happens in a few days, and the meadows where people used to ski until a few days before are suddenly covered in white and purple crocuses. They are everywhere, while the gaze is lost in the distance

As spring progresses we go down to Treviso for a walk in one of my favorite parks: Villa Guidini. Spring here, being a warmer area, is already sending powerful messages: cherry blossoms, while primroses, violets, dandelions, periwinkles and anemone silvestris cover the lawns.

Day after day summer comes forward, and with summer more flowers enter, while the colors get stronger. the time has come to return to the Alps, and to see how the landscape has changed, which now tells us about Orchids, Willow gentians, Belladonna, Bird's-foot trefoil, Wild Roses, Wild Geranium, Lilies, Irises, Pluchea odorata, and many others. I could write for hours and talk about my walks in search of the strangest flowers, but this post would definitely become too long

Therefore, while summer gives way to autumn, and I shift attention to mushrooms, we go down to Villa Guidini again, to talk about cultivated flowers, and flower-related businesses. Let's leave aside for a moment all those businesses that grow and sell flowers, to move instead to something more particular, that is, those who use flowers in their work, who prepare wedding arrangements.

Weddings and flowers seem to be a perfect combination, so if you want to tell us about it, go ahead. But now let's go back to Villa Guidini for a moment, for an event that combines local food, environmental sustainability and social inclusion.

I'll tell you a secret: I was there to talk about Social Inclusion, and in my free time I wandered around the park of the villa and took pictures.

To my surprise part of the park was set up for a wedding. In reality it was just an exhibition display. Do you think there were flowers?

Well, now it's your turn. What flowers can you tell us about? What are the wild flowers that grow in your area? What are the flowers that are grown and sold? Remember to always tell us which country you are writing from, in order to make this garden the garden of the world. A world of flowers.

If you wants to have a look at the amazing photos of flowers shared in the past, you can read:

Treviso, TV, Italia
203 comments
Level 7

Welcome to Spring

WELCOME TO SPRING 🌺

IMG_20230320_175427~2.jpg

spring is a first season of  Iranian year. 

We congratulations spring in the 21 march The name of this celebration is Nowruz. 

Nowruz a historic congratulations in the west Asian(Iran 🌺Tajikistan 🌹Pakistan 💐Afghanistan🌷Uzbekistan   and etc)

Happy New year 

Happy nowruz 

Level 7

Re: Welcome to Spring

Wish you happy new year.

From India

Level 7

Mee to💐🌺

Connect Moderator

Re: A World Of Flowers - The Local Guides Garden 2023

Hi @Jojnlocal01,

thank you for sharing this beautiful flowers and welcome to Spring to you as well!

I want to let you know that I've merged your post in our Local Guides Garden we have here on Connect where other Local Guides are also sharing their beautiful flowers, this in order to keep Connect well organized.

Thank you and Happy Guiding!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Happy Springtime, and happy Nowruz, @Jojnlocal01 .

Also please let me extend the wishes to my dear friend @KashifMisidia. Happy Nowruz Kashif

What a beautiful Lady Banks' rose!! Where did you took the photo? Is a flower from your garden?

Here in north of Italy it is too early for roses, so please let me share with you the photo of a life that is growing: A newborn fir tree, which is now three centimeters tall but in a few years will reach 20 meters.

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @ErmesT  for your wishes. We have a big community who celebrate Nouroz here, and mostly they are from Afghanistan and Iran.

You can also wish us tomorrow Happy Ramdhan , to Muslims all over the world.

And here I'm wishing you and all community "Happy and blessed Ramdhan to everyone " ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 7

@ErmesT

Thank you very much, I took this photo on March 21, 2023, exactly a few hours before the New Year, and I was walking down the street enjoying the spring weather and succeeding in getting this beautiful photo on the pretext of the New Year (1402).

Level 7

@KashifMisidia

Mee to

🙏🕋

💐🌺🎁

Level 8

Re: A World Of Flowers - The Local Guides Garden 2023

বসন্তের শুভেচ্ছা @ErmesT দুর্দান্ত কিছু ছবি শেয়ার করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ। 

ফুল নিয়ে কানেক্টে আমারোও ছোট্র একটি পোস্ট আছে আর হ্যা ফুল কে আমি আমরা সবাই ভালোবাসি। https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/%E0%A6%AB%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%...

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here