StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

3 Local Guides visiting the Deepavali Bazaar in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Little India in Brickfields lights up for DeepavaliLittle India in Brickfields lights up for Deepavali

Monday, the 24th of October is Deepavali or Diwali, the festival of lights celebrated by Hindus all over the world. It's a celebration of lights where light overcame darkness. For us friends, we also joined in the festivities as a united community. In Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, the celebrative and shopping area centers around Brickfields which is also known as Little India here. (https://goo.gl/maps/ia2G9pGJ1vFvZzq18 )

[Photo above] - 3 of us went to explore the Deepavali Bazaar here in Little India from the evening time 2 days before Deepavali. @AdrianLunsong , Stuart and myself, met up in the metro station and walked to the main bazaar area. Exploring the Deepavali bazaar is always more exciting with friends together. It was probably the first time for Stuart exploring this area, our Local Guide friend from Scotland.

[Photo above] - As we walked towards the main bazaar area, we can see that cars were double parking by the side of the road, giving a festive shopping mood, albeit the traffic jam. Hence it's always better to come on public transportation during festive periods.

[Photo above] - So many bazaar stalls, and many of them selling beautiful colored shirts, pants, sarees, kurtas and more. Many people were making last minute purchases for this big festive season.

[Photo above] - Ornaments, trinkets and more. So many items were on sale.

[Photo above] - Even more decorative trinkets which are very popular.

[Photo above] - Bangles, jewelry and more

[Photo above] - As we walked through the bazaar, many shops were also selling decorative items for the house

[Photo above] - And most popular stalls were the snacks. So many varieties of snacks were on sale.

[Photo above] - Walking through the bazaar, customers were also buying up freshest vegetables to cook festive meals for family members.

[Photo above] - And our favorite types of stalls, selling authentic Indian sweets. So many varieties of them.

[Photo above] - We bought a combination pack to share among ourselves. Combinations of Milk peda, Mysore Pak, Soan Papdi, Adirasam, Jelebi, Ladoo, Motichur Ladoo, Coconut candy, and more. We had overdosed our sugar limit 😁

[Photo above] - Here were the 3 of us, taking photos and videos all around Little India during Deepavali Bazaar.

Wishing all Hindus and all friends who celebrate a most happy Deepavali and Diwali all over the world. Share your own Diwali bazaar photos in your own posts!

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8 comments
Level 7

Re: 3 Local Guides visiting the Deepavali Bazaar in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

This bazaar is too colorful and well-decorated @StephenAbraham.

Street foods also look delicious. Thanks for sharing with us.

Say "NO" to Plastics. Kindly Use Alternative, Even It Little Costly

Level 8

Hello @StephenAbraham  looks like you guys had an amazing time in Diwali bazar. 

Try kaju katli sweet if you fond of sweets i am sure you guys will love it 😊

Thank for sharing this amazing post on diwali wishing you guys happy diwali and prosperous new year 😊

Connect Moderator

It looks a vibrating place @StephenAbraham, I always have wished to visit KL especially when there would be a festival because by this I can explore KL with the beauty of Multicultural colors there.

But by your post, I got virtual satisfaction from the story and photos. Love to see @AdrianLunsong enjoying there also with you 

Thanks for sharing 😊

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Hey @StephenAbraham  thanks for sharing this post with us. I'm very surprised to know that deepawali festival is also celebrated in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The market looks very similar to Indian markets on deepawali festival 😊.

Connect Moderator

Que nombre tan apropiado para las fotos que nos compartes, “Festival de la luz”, @StephenAbraham , todas tus fotos tienen una iluminación especial que las hacen destacar 👏, me gusta mucha la composición de la tercera foto, la del atascamiento de autos muy linda foto.

Se nota que lo pasaron muy bien en el encuentro de los tres Local Guides felicitaciones.

Saludos Farid 

Level 8

Great to see you Local Guides had a great time @StephenAbraham 

You really took around us to the DEEPAVALI Bazaar with you description and photos. The sweets are yummy and delicious. Indeed a very nice post. Happy to see you alongwith @AdrianLunsong

and Stuart. 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Gurukrishnapriya  @KashifMisidia ! I certainly had a great time and it's all down to @StephenAbraham as he is such an excellent guide!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 9

Wonderful post @StephenAbraham 

Hope you all had an awesome Diwali celebration. 

Here in India we got extra bonus during celebration as India beat Pakistan in a thriller game of T20 World Cup. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus