AlexPssn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

2000 Reviews + 4000 photos, now what?

On our Christmas cruise I finally hit 2000 Google reviews and 4000 photos. Now what? 

I’m kind of stuck. Do I keep doing this as a hobby or am I done? 

I’m level 9 with 53k points and I’m not trying to get to level 10 anytime soon. 

I enjoy doing it but not sure if I should keep doing it. 

Any thoughts? 

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 2000 Reviews + 4000 photos, now what?

Super @AlexPssn.

I believe you should make smaller targets and use it like a game. For me is the uploading of pictures somehow relaxing like eg. Sudoko.

You can focus on high quality pictures or only on special places, maybe the gamification effect comes back than later. I only do it when trying to relax and this works quite good. Or you check if the batches are already collected.... 

Happy New Year! 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Hi Alex @AlexPssn, first of all Happy New Year

Of course no one have an answer to your question, but everyone of us have a personal feeling about being a Local Guide.

Myself, I don't fight for reaching extreme performance. I enjoy contributing, with edits, photos and review because I found it helpful for me, being a Map user, and for others, that can be helped by my edits.

Having fun is more important for me than competing but, again, this is simply my thought.

Why not to use your experience, as a Local Guide and an SVTP, to give indications to the younger LGs?

Connect is the perfect place for doing this

Ciao, a presto

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AlexPssn,

This is a great achievement and I certainly cannot put it better than @ErmesT and @TorM.

I can throw in a little friendly tease though:

You are still some points away from reaching level 10 🙂 This may be something to look forward to.

By the way I will quickly re-label this post to Local Stories. The Travel section we use to discuss travel and ask questions around travel destinations.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators