VinodKotiya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

1TB Promotion Ended By Google

We local guides are uploading huge photo and videos to improve google maps. Google earn money on these information. Earlier we were provided 1TB of free space for 2 years and it was too good to make helping google maps better and helping the public.

Now with the fact that google keeps continuing to earn money over contribution of Local Guides but LG have to pay to get Drive space. It is such a petty from google that we contributed so much and reached at highest levels of LG and getting such treatments.

Ethically now i have stopped contributing on Google Maps as I have to pay for pics and video i upload on Google Maps. What is your opinion. Should we all LG Boycott Google Maps together. Lets choose a day as no contribution day. What say??

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: 1TB Promotion Ended By Google

Dear @VinodKotiya, I find your post surprising. Several times you replied to this question so it sounds strange this post from you.

Also please do not provide wrong information.

If you set your storage in a correct way, your photos will be stored for free. Please read: 

How to use your space in Google drive 

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Dear @VinodKotiya, I find your post surprising. Several times you replied to this question so it sounds strange this post from you.

Also please do not provide wrong information.

If you set your storage in a correct way, your photos will be stored for free. Please read: 

How to use your space in Google drive 

Ermes

Level 8

It  came as too much frustration when all my incoming emails choked. I was about to miss an important rescheduled flight due to non delivery of email. 

Yes i used to think other way initially. But now i am in favor that its not a big deal for Google to provide free space to it's early contributors with the fact that Google is earning so well over our contribution.

Its like not being free slave of Google. I have right to express like that.

Connect Moderator

Hi @VinodKotiya Please read the Core Values of Connect and consider how your current attitude or behaviour does or does not fit with those values.

It is up to you to manage your own space, it isn't Google's fault that you could not receive emails. You will have received adequate warnings. You don't need drive storage to contribute to Maps at all as @ErmesT says I'm going to mark his answer as the solution and escalate your comments to the Googlers.

Regards Paul