ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: maximum number of photos in Connect

@LucioV,

Hey buddy it's a problem for the everyday local guide...particularly very talented and productive ones like myself.The issue needs to be fixed and I am going to do nothing to fix it.I have many other more interesting things to do with my very valuable time than talk on silly posts about increasing the number of photos which I can be post on Connect which help many other local guides write better reviews and shoot great photos.I will continue to post my great reviews and terrific photos on Google Maps but my contributions are coming to an end on this outdated forum.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 9
Level 9

@Zeds wrote:

my contributions are coming to an end on this outdated forum.

Really, no more Zeds posts?

Level 5

@Pea,

Ha ha you might have a small chance now to get somewhere near my badge count.

Level 10

@petocsaba wrote:

Well, I only have 148 images uploaded now but I have only been a member since August. In a few year's time, I may also reach the 1,000 quota. And if I need to start deleting old images, some older topics may get broken.

Hope now this issue is solved! Do you really joined in August? You contributed so much that looks like you are here from the beginning! 

Level 9

Dear TraciC,

Great to know more about the limits on photographs on connect. I came to know this just because of reading this message. There can be lot of Guides who still might not know such restrictions.

Request to publish a list of Do's and Don'ts for major/popular actions (provided there is no such lists) for Guides. 

Regards

Level 3

This is SOOO strange. I've been a member of Panoramio and uploaded there thousands od photos with had more than 500k views [dont remember exaclty].

Now I have to REUPLOAD them for so many objects, because they are just not connected to any specific "places" on Google Maps, and there is really a limit?

I completely dont get it... Where is the fun from share'ing the world? I would understand if Google moderates poor photos, but just a limit?

That's just not fair. On the other hand, Google gives us their "toys" "for free..." Anyway, I'm disappointed.

Additionally, there is now way to easily delete all my photos. There is no way to easily see all my photos added and manage them [you need to scroll narrow left area in maps.google.com, really? :/]

It is not like Google Earth or Panoramio contribution any more - contributing to a better world. It feels like corporation takes my photos to make use of them.

😕

Level 10

@MikołajW wrote:

This is SOOO strange. I've been a member of Panoramio and uploaded there thousands od photos with had more than 500k views [dont remember exaclty].

Now I have to REUPLOAD them for so many objects, because they are just not connected to any specific "places" on Google Maps, and there is really a limit?

I completely dont get it... Where is the fun from share'ing the world? I would understand if Google moderates poor photos, but just a limit?

That's just not fair. On the other hand, Google gives us their "toys" "for free..." Anyway, I'm disappointed.

Additionally, there is now way to easily delete all my photos. There is no way to easily see all my photos added and manage them [you need to scroll narrow left area in maps.google.com, really? :/]

It is not like Google Earth or Panoramio contribution any more - contributing to a better world. It feels like corporation takes my photos to make use of them.

😕

Hi @MikołajW here we are talking about photos POSTED IN LOCAL GUIDES CONNECT not about photos uploaded in maps 😉

Level 3

aaaaa.... oooo.... I'm sorry... 😛

Connect Moderator

Hi @AnuradhaP, Sorry but i didn't solve the problem. I mean, of course now It seems I have no limitation, but I'm not abusing of this. I have reduced the photos in the posts, sharing most of the photos with a link to an album in Google Photo.

This is probably a good way to post, making posts easier to load and to read. Now I'm a bit higher than 1000, but my Plan is to review most of My older posts.

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @AnuradhaP, Sorry but i didn't solve the problem. I mean, of course now It seems I have no limitation, but I'm not abusing of this. I have reduced the photos in the posts, sharing most of the photos with a link to an album in Google Photo.

This is probably a good way to post, making posts easier to load and to read. Now I'm a bit higher than 1000, but my Plan is to review most of My older posts.

I think that, as a Connect Moderator, you should use this enhanced capability to serve the whole users base, posting more screenshots for explaination and education purpose. 😉

So the lack of limits makes sense 😉