SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

S.O.S Call - Google Drive Bonus Storage

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm unable to pay for my bonus Google Drive storage which expires on Saturday, 27 January 2018. I've contacted my bank to verify if there was anything wrong with my Mastercard but nothing was found - and this was further validated by my ability to use same card for online purchase on several other stores except on Google. I also tried using one other card that I have and I wasn't able to make payments as well. Therefore, I call on both Connect and Google Moderators to please come to my aid. @TraciC@GusMoreira@HelloJess@KarenVChin@ErmesT. Thank you!

Nigeria
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: S.O.S Call - Google Drive Bonus Storage

Hi @SanyaOdare

I personally cannot do anything about your mastercard, but I can ensure that you will not loose any data that is stored in drive. The biggest problem is that, not having more space, your Gmail will stop to receive emails. 

Please read this post to know how to optimize your storage 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-to-use-your-space-in-Google-drive/td-p/572742/ju...

Ermes 

View solution in original post

Level 7

Hello Sanya!

Greetings from the Philippines! Local Guides Connect may not be the best place to seek assistance with Google Drive payment issues, but good news! Google Drive has support. You can click on Contact Us on the upper right hand corner of the Google Drive Help website, pick your issue, then you will be provided a couple of options to contact someone from Google Drive, either via chat or email.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,

Lara

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @SanyaOdare

I personally cannot do anything about your mastercard, but I can ensure that you will not loose any data that is stored in drive. The biggest problem is that, not having more space, your Gmail will stop to receive emails. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-to-use-your-space-in-Google-drive/td-p/572742/ju...

Ermes 

Level 10

Thanks a million @ErmesT for your prompt response! I'm at present choosing to "Recover Storage" pending while I'm able to resolve the payment issues.

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @SanyaOdare

Ermes

Level 10

Thank you so much @Lara_PH! I've compressed my photos & videos to high quality and that has drastically reduced what was 26.4 GB to 5.75 GB and that also means I don't have to bother myself about paying for the Google Drive Bonus Storage anymore. Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@neverstopwandering wrote:

Hello Sanya!

Greetings from the Philippines! Local Guides Connect may not be the best place to seek assistance with Google Drive payment issues, but good news! Google Drive has support. You can click on Contact Us on the upper right hand corner of the Google Drive Help website, pick your issue, then you will be provided a couple of options to contact someone from Google Drive, either via chat or email.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,

Lara

Connect Moderator

Great @SanyaOdare

I'm happy that you solved this problem in a short time, that was exactly my purpose for writing my post about storage. 

Hi, @Lara_PH

Welcome in Connect. As you can see, sometimes we can help also in explaining the importance of the correct way to use the storage. 

Please read this post with tips on how to best participate and interact in this community.

Ermes 

Level 10

Hi @SanyaOdare

I'd suggest you contact Google Drive 1:1 support by clicking on Contact us button in this Help Center Article for any subscription related issues. They are the best to help users with issues related to Google Drive subscriptions and storage payment.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

@JacekNK, that won't be necessary anymore. Thanks nonetheless!

@JacekNK wrote:

Hi @SanyaOdare

I'd suggest you contact Google Drive 1:1 support by clicking on Contact us button in this Help Center Article for any subscription related issues. They are the best to help users with issues related to Google Drive subscriptions and storage payment.

Regards,

Jacek

Level 7

Glad to hear that, @SanyaOdare! That was a huge reduction! I myself use the high-quality option, the photos still look perfect!

Thanks for the welcome, @ErmesT! Looking forward to contributing more in the future. 🙂

Level 8

Great tips guys!! Not sure I ever went that ulhigh up with my free allowance but there is always an issue on what to do with cloud storage of photos from our phones etc. 

That said I hear the pixel gives free unlimited storage....