JulienH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Reviews of continents

8018858.jpg

Hilariously seen on Reddit - continents with ratings and reviews. 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
8 comments
Level 7

Re: Reviews of continents

Hey @JulienH,

I did a little search about all the continents, a few countries, states within my country, metropolitan cities, and areas within those cities and even streets. Only Continents have reviews and ratings, while the rest do not have it.

I went through the ratings and reviews for Africa and most of the rating and reviews were clearly given only for the points for it.

There are 2 options here.
   1)  Either remove ratings and reviews for all continents on Maps. Allowing users to rate and review a continent or a country does not seem right. Under what judgment do you rate and review a country for Maps?
   2)  Or allow users to rate and review all of it - a country, state, city, area, street, lane, etc.

Option 1 seems less chaotic when you can remove the ratings and reviews posted for continents. No landmass (continent, country, state, city, area, street, lane, etc) can have a rating and review.

I am mentioning a Google Moderator @AradhanaB, who can maybe justify this. Please do let me know if you think otherwise.

Best,
Avinash

Connect Moderator

Thanks @JulienH

For putting this to the attention of the community

I agree 100% with you @Avinash_V

so I'm moving to post in the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, at the attention of @TraciC

Ermes 

Level 10

Well, even though it's mostly joke reviews, sometimes it's kindof entertaining. Like how there are Amazon reviews that are very funny.

It does help to bring some marketing and attention to LG.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 7

Hey @JulienH,

The ratings and reviews are irrelevant which would portrait a negative notion about Google Local Guide, being filled with spam, which we do not want.

Best,
Avinash

Former Google Contributor

Thank you everybody for flagging this. We are taking a look at it!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

Hehehehe. Anybody notice it's showing on the listing "Cidade Do Mexico".

It's really hilarious. 

@JulienH @ErmesT @Avinash_V

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

IMG_20170908_183034.jpg

When you type a continent on Google Maps it shows you the continent and the reviews. But the reviews can't be access. Maybe after looking at this by the Google Maps team ( @LuisRG ). will tell us why  Perhaps after looking at it there might be an explanation on why it shows like this. I tried searching Asia, Europe e.t.c it was The same as well. I tried writing a review it didn't allow me write so I guess it as to do with map's and not people writing the review to the continent. 

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR haha maybe it is disabled now.