HemaMaalini's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is there My Google Maps Contributions Tab having any Bug or Problem?

Hi @TraciC @JeslynL

Is there any bug or update or problem in my google maps contributions tab due to the following conditions,

1. Four New badge i received but there is one having Unlock Fact Finder (kindly compare with attachment)
2. When i Add a Missing Places it shows Not Applied
3. Previous Places Added are disappear and some of them showing on google maps.

The thing is that My Points and Local guide level are perfectly shows. When i make new reviews my points is increased as it is.

There is no any suspension issues on my google local guides connect. Could please help me why my contributions tab showing like this? If any bug or problem kindly resolve.

I hope you could find the attachment. Looking forward for your kind consideration.

Screenshot_2017-12-15-16-34-16.jpegScreenshot_2017-12-15-16-34-48.jpeg

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Is there My Google Maps Contributions Tab having any Bug or Problem?

Hi @HemaMaalini

I'm moving your post to the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for Googler to have a look.

Hope your problem will be resolved quickly. 

As this is your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Thank you! @ErmesT

Hello @HemaMaalini,

1. Four New badge i received but there is one having Unlock Fact Finder (kindly compare with attachment)

If any badges shows as “unlock”, it is because you haven’t earned the badge yet. Please earn “Fact Finder”  badge by checking facts, making edits, and answering simple questions about places to help people find the right information on Google Maps.

1. When i Add a Missing Places it shows Not Applied

An edit you have submitted may appear as “pending” or “not applied”. Every edit submitted to Google Maps passes through automated systems that analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors. It is because we need to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines. Please read thispost: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

1. Previous Places Added are disappear and some of them showing on google maps.

It may takes some time your edit to be shown on Maps approved.  Can you please go to “Your Contribution” and check if you can find a status of the edit?: Approved, Pending or Not Applied. If it is approved, please type the location name and search it on the Map and see if it is there. Also - please see this helpful thread: Added places not appearing!!!

Thank you. 

Level 8

Hi @Atsukot,

Thanks for your kind reply.  I need more clarification about badge & places added are disappear. Please find the attachment.

Let us explain briefly;

1. Novice Photographer they shows

Volume 109/100 (its completed)

Reach 18/25 (Remaining have 7)

Impact 137493/100000 (Completed)

Where is Unlock Fact Finder;

Edits 1139/3 (? is Why it is not shows earn the points or completion)

Facts Checked 1052/3 (? is Why it is not shows earn the points or completion)

Answers 2/25 (Remaining have 23 – i accept)

Did you see any difference between Novice Photography & Fact Finder? Yes the red colour is i earn the points or completion.

Master Fact Finder;

Suggest 100 Approved Edits (I done it)

Verify 100 Edits (I done it)

Choose Answers for 1000 Questions (Not done)

Screenshot_2017-12-20-15-24-34.jpegScreenshot_2017-12-20-15-25-33.jpegScreenshot_2017-12-20-16-02-53.jpeg

1. Previous places added are disappear - it means previous approved listing are disappear.

Yes i check it “Your Contribution” Edits shows few of them are linking option (when I click business name it shows details on google maps). But most of them are not having linking option and also i try to search the business name with address on google maps it’s not showing. But previously may be 20 days before all the places added are display on google maps and having linking option on edits through Your contribution page.

THAT’S WHAT I NEED THE CLARIFICATION. I hop there is some bug or problem in my google maps contribution page. Kindly resolve and looking forward.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @HemaMaalini, thank you for sharing the details. We will look into this matter. 

Level 8

Hi @Atsukot

thanks for your reply.  kindly resolve and looking forward.

Level 8

Hi @Atsukot

what happen? till my badge are not recover. i have done reviews and fact check also.