TobyJohn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I lost all of my points for my photos and have been demoted to Level 6 from Level 8?!?!

I{ have contributed a lot of Photos with almost 2.5 Million views but last week Iost all of my points for my photos and I noticed that many of my photos are no longer featured.   Is there a way to get my point reinstated? How did this happen? What can I do to avoid this in the future??

googleGuideTobyGrear1.png

Charlotte, NC, United States
10 comments
Level 10

Re: I lost all of my points for my photos and have been demoted to Level 6 from Level 8?!?!

Saw at least another user with this issue.

Last weeks I've lost *some* photos, but nothing like this.

Maybe is a common issue.

Connect Moderator

Re: I lost all of my points for my photos and have been demoted to Level 6 from Level 8?!?!

Hi @TobyJohn

Thanks for reaching us with this issue. 

I have escalate your post, that I'm moving to the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for Google to have a look 

Ermes 

Level 10

@TobyJohn, I have also seen this happen to others. Hopefully it's really just a bug Google can easily fix (note that we are in the middle of the holiday season)...

Now as for featured pics - the bug (if any) may also affect them but also note that they come and go; there's never guatantee that an image once picked as featured by the algorithm will remain featured forever. Not even when a verified business owner promotes one! 

Anyway, @ErmesT escalated the issue so we'll know more soon.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @TobyJohn - We're investigating this and will reach out privately with additional information. Please allow some time for this investigation to close as things are moving a bit slower due to the holidays. 

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Any update? 

Level 10

Any update on this? Thank you

Former Google Contributor

Hello @TobyJohn - This is still being investigated and I should be able to reach out privately with an answer soon. Apologies for the delay.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

ANY UPDATE? What

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @TobyJohn - This is still being investigated and I should be able to reach out privately with an answer soon. Apologies for the delay.

can I do to get my Account POINTS restored? IF I post a few unapproved videos, Why do ALL OF PHOTOS/PICTURES get banned?

Level 6

Hi mate

I have had the same happen to me ,😯😤

Richard Benjamin Fletcher