XanderO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to SEARCH within a specific thread or forum

Hi All,

I trust you've caught the World Cup fever?

Please I'd like to know if there is a way to search within a thread instead of the general search button at the top right corner. I need this feature because I tried searching for something I read earlier (someone had already posted) within the thread I was following, and it wasn't showing up on the general search bar results.

Secondly, is it possible to specify whether I want to make my search in a specific forum(s) like in News & Updates or General Discussion?

If these features isn't available, it would be very useful for us to have this feature 🙂 

If you know how to do this, please kindly do let me know :)))

Many thanks,

Alexander

New York, NY, USA
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to SEARCH within a specific thread or forum

Hi @XanderO

While you cannot search inside a specific thread, you can use the "advanced search" to refine your search.

Simply start a search as usual, from the search bar, then click on "advanced search" for filtering your keyword through different fields, including Location (board), author, date

search.PNG

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @XanderO

Congratulations you are in .

To make a specific search you have to click on start a discussion and write the topic in "enter the subject" you'll see list of posts published with the same topic.

Secondly,  until now can only go to those sections to make your search and it can be possible to do it by Google team.

I hope my contribution is helpful

See you soon 

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @XanderO

While you cannot search inside a specific thread, you can use the "advanced search" to refine your search.

Simply start a search as usual, from the search bar, then click on "advanced search" for filtering your keyword through different fields, including Location (board), author, date

search.PNG

Level 10

@Venance wrote:

Hi @XanderO

Congratulations you are in .

To make a specific search you have to click on start a discussion and write the topic in "enter the subject" you'll see list of posts published with the same topic.

Secondly,  until now can only go to those sections to make your search and it can be possible to do it by Google team.

I hope my contribution is helpful

See you soon 

@Venance thanks for sharing 🙂

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @XanderO

search.PNG

Thanks for sharing this and the images @ErmesT They were really helpful :)))

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

You are welcome @XanderO

Hope you have been able to locate the post you are looking for

Ermes

Yes I tried that a couple of times, changing the search words and the post popped out. Many thanks @ErmesT and tanks for sharing that useful tip :)))))