HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Error Messages On Local Guides Connect

Hello Local Guides Team, Recently  I noticed it is really very hard accessing the platform. I tried doing many things and I get an error message for most of the actions been taken. I am sharing a screenshot for you to see in details what I mean . Please  note as well this are the few  screenshots I could share. If you need more information as well, I will be ready to provide. An example is this as well:

Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.
Return to my original page . Please also note while I was typing this message there was an error as well. 

IMG_20170806_092501.jpgIMG_20170806_092526.jpgIMG_20170806_092417.jpg

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

61 comments
Level 9

Re: Error Messages On Local Guides Connect

Yeah me too face same things , and the site become little slower , 

@HelloSamsonR

P.S. we are not complaining we give our Feedback so please anyone face same issues talk about to make our site more Perfect.

Level 10

Please if you have more information as screenshot or any detailed information to help the Local guides team @OSAMA Please share it here as well let them see it, I think the errors have increased lately. 

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR

Sometimes give me this site take too much time to respond and not open the page,

Sometimes take more time on Tagging

I take screenshots I will search the backup Photos ,

And another thing , yesterday I try to  write a new post take more than 30 mins writing I try to add photos give me the photo more than 3mb , I back to continue ,nothing there , I checked the saved posts on my home page also nothing there ,

😁

Level 10

This error is new to me. I haven't faced this error yet.

Level 9

Hi @HelloSamsonR, I would suggest to clean your browsers cache and cookies since it's first troubleshooting step to try. Tagging @JeslynL, to let her know about this issue. She might be able to provide some suggestion or point you to right direction.

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

This error is new to me. I haven't faced this error yet.

@BishowvijayaP I have been getting all this error messages and very difficult for me to reply nowadays. Imagine I was offline for many hours couldn't access the site today, if it finally goes it's error, error for me 😞

Level 10

@_Johnny_ wrote:

Hi @HelloSamsonR, I would suggest to clean your browsers cache and cookies since it's first troubleshooting step to try. Tagging @JeslynL, to let her know about this issue. She might be able to provide some suggestion or point you to right direction.

@JohnnyE I really did that, that was the first thing i did, I even wiped out browser history as well 😞 still the same problem. 

Level 10

Please note at the time of writing this feedback this was what I was experiencing. I had to come back after some hours later, like now 12:28am West African Time to check and reply my notifications and I see it's working and I am not getting this error messages, I will be updating this post if I get any feedback error messages again  

Kind Regards,

Samson 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @HelloSamsonR, @OSAMA, thanks for sharing this. We appreciate community members informing us about errors and improvement they wish to see on the site.

Some questions: 

1. Did you experience this on desktop, or was it only on mobile?
  2. In your first screenshot, did you meet with the error at Connect's homepage, i.e. localguidesconnect.com? If not, could you share the steps that brought you to the page which generated the error message?

Thanks!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.