VirtualTravelGirl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

All my photos are hidden from every review

Hello local guides,

I’ve been a guide for about a year and today all of my photos have disappeared from every review I’ve created since the beginning. All my reviews are still there just none of my photos show up and they were fine yesterday. The photos are still in my account but only I can see them. There are no email from Google of any warnings it just happened. Has anyone experience this issue? Or can any senior guides help me straighten ithis out? Thank you very much.

10 comments
Level 10

Re: All my photos are hidden from every review

This happens to me, too about every six months. I think they've been having problems displaying reviews lately, since a lot of people including me, showed no reviews. Usually I just wait a month, and they fix themselves. Google is always tweaking their display settings. For me, I think that pictures I uploaded recently are linked to my reviews, but all of my older pictures don't have the link restored yet.

Sometimes the app will show things differently than the browser. Usually if one shows it, then it's just a matter of time before they fix the other.

If you upload some screenshots, or a link to one of your reviews, then people will be able to tell you better if it's temporary or not.

Level 6

Thank you Joseph. As you suggested, I've checked on the web and also a friend checked my reviews and my pictures doesn't show up. I've made a point to check some reviews where my pictures were the only ones posted and there are none now. It's not the same as the reviews missing issue you've encountered. It seems all my pictures are banned or blocked/restricted for some reason. The reviews are still there and read count still goes up but absolutely no pictures although it still shows up for me to see only. I just want to know how I can get tech support to look into this or explain why or how long it'll stay this way. Thank you.

@JosephDewey wrote:

This happens to me, too about every six months. I think they've been having problems displaying reviews lately, since a lot of people including me, showed no reviews. Usually I just wait a month, and they fix themselves. Google is always tweaking their display settings. For me, I think that pictures I uploaded recently are linked to my reviews, but all of my older pictures don't have the link restored yet.

Sometimes the app will show things differently than the browser. Usually if one shows it, then it's just a matter of time before they fix the other.

If you upload some screenshots, or a link to one of your reviews, then people will be able to tell you better if it's temporary or not.

Level 6

Oh and the link to one of my reviews is below. I'm the only one who has posted pictures here and now it's empty. Thank you.

https://goo.gl/maps/QoFZRRT3yoC2

Level 10

@VirtualTravelGirl@JosephDewey

This is very unusual. Generally when something disappears from my portal, it is still on Google Maps. Eventually it shows up. Even if it doesn't, as about ten of my photos, they are still on the maps with my credit line. But all photos disappearing, both from your portal and maps, is troubling. Maybe someone with expertise should look into it. I hope it gets resolved soon. I also hope your work is not lost forever.

tedmall
Level 6

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a google maps local guides tech support or this is it?

Connect Moderator

Hi @VirtualTravelGirl,

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

According to your detailed contributions, you have 600 photos, and 88 review (mostly long review, according to my calculations)

I will move your post in the Feedback board, for Google to take note of it, @ArielleM_

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 10

@VirtualTravelGirl@ErmesT

I do not know of Google Maps tech support. However, you can install a preview version of Google Maps and submit your evaluations and input based on which Google improves it's maps. I have used this forum often to find answers and help and as @ErmesT has pointed out sometimes you can find relevant posts by doing a search. There are many gems here to be discovered and friends to be made. 

Take your time to browse around and get to know some of the people who are always eager to help. 

Best wishes

tedmall
Level 10

@VirtualTravelGirl Ah, okay. I see what you're saying. All your photos are gone. And mine look like they're still all there https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/105638042685917504645/

So, I think it's worth someone looking at your account, like @ErmesT suggested. I've heard of Google removing everyone's pictures before if too many of them get flagged...which if you're posting here probably didn't happen. But my best guess is that Google's doing some kind of maintenance, and your account was just strangely impacted. I don't think Google's ever lost anything, so your pictures are probably still there somewhere and can still be restored.

Screenshot from 2018-05-05 13-55-05.png

Connect Moderator

I'm not sure photos are gone @JosephDewey,

virtual.PNG

891 contribution in the profile, includes the photos.

What is strange in your profile in Google Maps, @VirtualTravelGirl, is that it seems you are not a Local Guide, in your contributions. Can you check please https://maps.google.com/localguides/home to verify?