PradeepMalu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

100 gb free space

Hi,  I understand that after certain level, local guides were given 100 gb free space. Where do I see that ?  And whether it gets added to already bought space.  Like I have bought 100  gb space on drive.  And I see the same without adding 100 free as local guide.

Any glitch there?

Google Maps contributor
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: 100 gb free space

Hi @PradeepMalu,

It's not true. This possibility ended in March 2017. 

Please look here:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Storage-Promotion-Ending/m-p/1...

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

@PradeepMalu that was an old perk which ended many months ago. It was a temporary increase of storage of Google Drive, not a permanent gift, which was only for 1 year validity. After 1 year, the extra storage would expire. So, at the moment, no perks or benefits for extra Drive space. And do not feel left out of this, it wasn't that beneficial personally for many, because at the end of the period, we had to scramble to offload files and delete and move files which was so troublesome, unless we want to continue paying money for it.

Level 10
Level 10

@LucioV 🙂 I was distracted by the ruins deletion post.. sad state of the situation, really...