Introduce Yourself — July 2026

Hi brother

1 Like

Could leave revew for me

1 Like

Great !

Hello @ivansuwal

Welcome to local guides connect forum. Have you introduced yourself on Introduce Yourself — July 2026 ? Feel free to do so using the usual 5 prompts.

I’ll also like to offer you A welcome to connect hand. It is an article written with the idea of helping new users on connect find their way around.

Lastly, you forgot to mention what part of India you are from. We have a very strong presence of India local guides on connect. They are very active here. I believe they will all be very happy to connect with you. Just name your region and they’ll reachout to you.
See you around.

Happy guiding
Cheers

2 Likes

Hii how are you

Hi everyone! I’m so happy to join the introductions for July 2026!

I’ve been a Local Guide for a while now, and I’m genuinely passionate about mapping the world around me. What keeps me going is the joy of discovery—whether it’s finding a new, hidden cozy café, uncovering a great local spot that others might miss, or simply helping people make better choices through my reviews. I truly believe that our collective contributions make traveling and daily life so much smoother for everyone.

I am always looking to improve the quality of my contributions to Google Maps. I love sharing detailed, helpful insights that tell a story about a place, not just the basics.

Outside of being a Local Guide, I have a big interest in digital projects and community building. I’m always open to connecting with fellow guides, sharing tips, and learning how we can keep making our maps better and more inclusive.

I’m really looking forward to reading everyone else’s stories and seeing what you’ve been up to this month. Let’s make July an amazing, productive month for the community!

Hello everyone!
My name is Barry Alpha Amadou, and I am a Local Guide from Guinea.
I enjoy exploring new places, taking photos, writing honest reviews, and helping people discover useful locations through Google Maps.
I believe every contribution, no matter how small, can make a difference for travelers and local communities.
I am excited to be part of this amazing global community and look forward to learning from other Local Guides around the world.
Thank you for your warm welcome, and greetings from Guinea! :guinea::globe_showing_europe_africa:.

Hello @Ahmadou and Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

  1. Name:
    Sayyed Zuhair

  2. Location:
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

  3. What led you to become a Local Guide?
    I became a Local Guide because I genuinely enjoy helping people make better and more informed decisions before visiting a place.

Whenever I visit a restaurant, café, shop, or attraction, I try to share clear photos, useful information, and honest reviews so people can understand what to expect before they arrive. Many people want to know what is inside a shop, which products or services are available, whether the place is accessible, or whether it is worth visiting. If one of my contributions saves someone time, prevents confusion, or helps them choose the right place, I feel that I have achieved something meaningful.

I also believe that Local Guides can make a positive difference for small and local businesses. Behind every business is someone’s dream, hard work, and hope for growth. By sharing accurate information and quality photos, we can help these businesses become more visible, build trust, attract new customers, and grow.

For me, contributing to Google Maps is a form of volunteering. I give my time with the intention of helping both the community and local businesses, without expecting anything in return.

  1. My favorite thing to explore:
    I enjoy exploring restaurants, cafés, shopping malls, hidden local businesses, and unique attractions across the UAE.

I especially like photographing interiors, menus, products, entrances, facilities, and accessibility features because these are often the details people want to see before deciding whether to visit. Discovering new places and sharing them with people around the world through Google Maps is something I truly enjoy.

  1. Fun fact about me:
    I am a Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 with more than 5,900 contributions, over 30,000 points, and nearly 4 million photo views.

I am also an active volunteer with more than 1,800 verified volunteer hours in the UAE. Whether I am supporting international events or contributing to Google Maps, my purpose remains the same: to help people, support the community, and create a positive impact.

1 Like

1. Name: Darshan

2. Location: Maharashtra, India

3. What led you to become a Local Guide:
I enjoy helping people make informed decisions. Whether it’s finding a good restaurant, a reliable pharmacy, a tourist attraction, or a useful local business, I believe accurate reviews, photos, and updates can save people time and improve their experience. As someone with a background in healthcare and scientific writing, I value accuracy and trust, and I try to bring those qualities to every contribution I make on Google Maps.

4. My favorite thing to explore:
I love exploring local cafés, restaurants, historical places, parks, and hidden gems whenever I travel. I also enjoy discovering places related to health, wellness, and technology. Through Google Maps and the Local Guides community, I get inspired by places shared by people from around the world and add my own experiences to help future visitors.

5. Fun fact about me:
Professionally, I work in scientific writing, but outside work I’m passionate about traveling, photography, and discovering new places. I enjoy capturing moments that help others understand what a place is really like before they visit. Contributing to Google Maps gives me the satisfaction of knowing that my photos, reviews, and edits can make someone else’s journey a little easier.

I’m excited to be part of the Local Guides community and look forward to learning from fellow Local Guides while continuing to share helpful and reliable contributions. Happy mapping everyone! :globe_showing_europe_africa::round_pushpin:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @Darshan.agiwal

It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:

We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.

To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.

Hallo All,

im Level 5, Indonesia and this platform amaze me..i dont know before thats local guide have something like this. :sweat_smile: ..wanna learn it slowly

3 Likes

Halo, selamat bergabung dengan kami, @Wiradinata

Salam kenal juga saya Doni dari Surabaya.

Pelan tapi pasti, saya harap Anda menikmati berada di sini, tempat para pemandu lokal berkumpul dan berinteraksi.

Silahkan berkenalan disini

Agar semua orang lebih mengenal anda.

Jangan ragu untuk bertanya, kami akan dengan senang hati membantu :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello juga @Wiradinata, salam kenal balik dari saya Erna di Detroit Michigan. Selamat bergabung dan silahkan perkenalkan diri anda pasti banyak yang pengen kenal, betul kan mas @doni_hariadi

1 Like

Benar sekali kak @Erna_LaBeau
Perkenalkan diri anda dengan baik agar para lokal guides disini mengenal anda @Wiradinata

Atau jika rencana ingin bertemu offline saya sarankan ikut Meet-up MUN 5 di Bali yang akan di selenggarakan bulan September mendatang. Nanti akan bertemu para local guides di seluruh Indonesia.

Selamat berkontribusi :world_map:

Hello @Wiradinata and Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

Hello there..

this is my pleasure to be one of the connecte team and here I’m celebrating for reaching level FIVE :zany_face::gem_stone: .. I hope I’m doing well for this purpose :folded_hands:t3:

1 Like

Halo @BedoSH
Selamat datang di Local Guides Connect
alangkah baiknya anda perkenalkan diri anda disini agar semua local guides mengetahui profile anda. tidak perlu sungkan untuk bertanya dan selamat atas pencapaian anda ke level 5, tetap bersemangat dalam berkontribusi.

Salam hangat

Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @BedoSH

It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:

We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.

To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.

Hi everyone!My name is Hime from Japan. I am currently a Level 6 Local Guide.I love exploring new places and sharing reviews on Google Maps.I’d love to learn from all of you so I can write great posts like you do!I’m excited to join this community and connect with fellow Local Guides around the world.

日本の方もいました、どうぞよろしくお願いします!

3 Likes