MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — October 2023

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like September's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @AmandaMartin1217! Amanda is a Local Guide Level 7, and here’s what she shared.

Caption: A selfie of Amanda and her dog Fergus. (Local Guide @AmandaMartin1217Caption: A selfie of Amanda and her dog Fergus. (Local Guide @AmandaMartin12171. Name: Amanda Martin

2. Location: Stevenston, Scotland

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing my experiences to help people with their indecisions as Local Guides have helped me!

4. My favorite thing to explore: Dog-friendly walks/bars/restaurants. I want to find the best places so people can bring their dogs on their holidays/days out and involve them as they are family.

5. Fun fact about me: I love spending time with my (not so little) puppy Fergus (in the pic!). He gets me out and about, and we get to visit new places and try new things together. I'm also a cat lady, so my house is a little crowded with a husband, two cats, and a dog! 🤣

Nice to meet you, Amanda! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Amanda in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Stevenston, UK
81 comments
Level 6

What I got from here

When I come here I got the courage I get chance to meet many people I Got chance to visit many places. Now I am Fell proud To say I am a Google local guide.And I love this Profession.

Connect Moderator

Re: What I got from here

Hi @Akantorithim , "Welcome to Connect! If this is your first visit, you’ve come to the right place. This post will serve as a guide for everything you need to know about contributing content and engaging with the Local Guides community on Connect". This is the first of the information that you will find in "Your guide to Connect" , the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

Being a local guide is not a profession, however we have some rule. Our aim is to provide the best information so that others can benefit of them.

With this in mind I think you should check your contributions, and starting to delete what is not useful (blurred and duplicate/redundant photos) and to correct / update your reviews, to make them helpful. In your last review you wrote "I was visiting there because I got bus stop". So why not to share your experience of the place instead.

Here you wrote: "To come samuk tola you need to down here" This is totally useless. You are talking to users of Google Maps, so they already know what you are saying.

What I mean is that despite loving to be a Local Guide you are not acting as a Local Guide. We will be happy to help you to improve, but actually you are more closer to a ban than to be a recognized Local Guide.

Good luck

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you, with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Which kind of contents we share in the community? What are Connect topics? will give you an explanation

Level 6

Re: What I got from here

Tnx sir for your advice Can you help me to improve my local guide contribution 

Level 8

مرحبا كيف حالكم كل شيء بخير

هنا منكم من لديه مهنه او حرفه يشرفنا بها انت كمرشد محلي لابد لك ان تكون لديك مهنه شرفونا بمهنتكم انا مهنتي اصلاح الثلاجات الة التصبين والمكيفات الهواء المنزليه شاركون انتم ما هي مهنتكم

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — October 2023

Hi @AmandaMartin1217 

Nice to meet you. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 9

Congratulations @AmandaMartin1217 

Glad to know more about you

Thank you so much for Introducing Amanda and sharing the post with us @MashaPS 

Level 8

@MashaPS que excelente oportunidad para conocer a otro local guide.

@AmandaMartin1217 te saludo desde Argentina y me encantó tu foto con el perrito.

Bien ahora mí presentación:

1.Nombre. Maximiliano Zalazar
2.Ubicación.Monte Grande, provincia de Buenos Aires-Argentina  
3.Lo que me encanta de ser local guide.
Me encanta poder mostrar los lugares que visito en Google Maps y las reseñas sean usadas para tomar la mejor desición a dónde ir.
4.Lo que me encanta de ser local guide.
Me encanta visitar y explorar lugares nuevos,visitar los lugares que ya fueron explorados para ir actualizando Google maps. En especial los lugares como centros culturales,museos, restaurantes,etc.
5.Datos curiosos sobre mí.
Me encanta pasar tiempo con la comunidad y siempre estar mirando por todos lados para ver qué puedo mostrar al mundo, siempre mirando los aspectos generales como la accesibilidad y la sustentabilidad ♻️.

IMG_20231002_091347.jpg

Connect Moderator

Nice to meet you! @AmandaMartin1217

Thanks, @MashaPS for this post.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Nice to meet you dear LG friend @AmandaMartin1217 .

Thank you Google Moderator @MashaPS for the post.

Signature Image