NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Worlds Longest and Largest Dance Festival - NAVRATRI

@NareshDarji

Navratri in Gujrat is especially awesome with all those Garbha Pandals... enjoy ! !

Level 6

Nice to watch this @NareshDarji, I am very much interest it. I want to live this , that's why i will here very soon.

Level 10

@NareshDarji Thanks for sharing. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @AnuradhaP @Mozammal

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

Welcome @NareshDarji

Level 8

This is indeed a longest and largest Dance festival, @NareshDarji.. I know about Dandiya dance.. This festival is just superb.. Those costumes were amazing.. Thank you so much for sharing with us.. 🙂 

P.S- Soory for my late comment.. I just now get to this notification..

Vellore Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Thanks @SalmaanN Don't worry bro for late. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 8

You are welcome, @NareshDarji.. 🙂

@NareshDarji wrote:

Thanks @SalmaanN Don't worry bro for late. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Ras-Garba

A very meaningful word. Can you elaborate it more @NareshDarji?

Connect Moderator

@BishowvijayaP

Garba (ગરબા in Gujarati) is a form of dancewhich originated in the state of Gujarat in India. The name is derived from the Sanskritterm Garbha ("womb") and Deep ("a small earthenware lamp"). Many traditional garbas are performed around a centrally lit lamp or a picture or statue of the Goddess Shakti. The circular and spiral figures of garba have similarities to other spiritual dances, such as those of Sufi culture (garba being an earlier tradition). Traditionally, it is performed during the nine-day Hindu festivalNavarātrī (Gujaratiનવરાત્રી Nava = 9, rātrī = nights). Either the lamp (the Garba Deep) or an image of the Goddess, Durga (also called Amba) is placed in the middle of concentric rings as an object of veneration.

Source :Wikipedia