NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Worlds Longest and Largest Dance Festival - NAVRATRI

Garba and Dandiya Raas both dances different @BishowvijayaP but it play in Navratri

Raas or Dandiya Raas is the traditional folk dance form of Gujarat & Rajasthan India, and is associated with scenes of Holi, and lila of Krishna and Radha at Vrindavan. Along with Garba, it is the featured dance of Navratrievenings in Western India. During Navratrifestival, in most of the cities of Gujarat & Rajasthan people gather and perform Garbadance - an event that is becoming increasingly popular in countries with large Gujarati-speaking communities around the world, such as Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.

Source Wikipedia.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Of course the garba is a much importance. The main idol of a temple is placed on a 'Garba griha'. Just I was unaware of the linkage of the word Garba with dance. I know there are not much sufficient sources on internet on Sanskrit. Thanks for info @NareshDarji

Level 9

@NareshDarji Very beautiful!! These clothes are veeery amazing and colorful! 🙂 

Someday wanna see this festival live! 

Thanks for tagging me !

Connect Moderator

Thanks @SarahKa 

It's starts today. I will share with you live today 8 pm GMT +5.30 standard time. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Connect Moderator

@NareshDarji, kem cho mota bhai?

I never realized that you were from Gujarat. That's one of the most colorful states that carries the true culture and heritage of India. Thank you for tagging me here, or else I would have missed such a lovely post. The Garba dances are truly awesome. One day I will love to try this amazing dance. 

Happy Dassera!

Connect Moderator

OMG @SoniaK you know Gujarati!!!.

Please watch live Navratri from Gandhinagar Gujarat in my post. I will share here nine days of Navratri vedio don't miss.

Worlds Longest and Largest Dancing Festival - NAVRATRI Live 🔴

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Worlds-Longest-and-Largest-Dancing-Festi...

Connect Moderator

No @NareshDarji, I know only a few words. And I am a great fan of Gujju food and drink, such as dhokla, khandvi, patra, chaas and so on. 🙂

Thanks for sharing the link. I will see the dance when I can make time. 

Level 3

Excellent work bhai @NareshDarji

Connect Moderator

Thanks dear @Dipaksolanki

Level 9

@NareshDarji it was a wonderful experience , Thanks for sharing 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#