NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Gujarat

Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Gujarat

It isn’t surprising for a fort’s ownership to change hands several times in the course of history. Each time, its character takes on newer shades so that decades later, when you visit as a tourist, you are struck by the intermingling of different elements, faiths and symbols.
Champaner, which is spread on and around the hill of Pavagadh, started out as part of the Chavda Kingdom in the eighth century and later became the Chauhan Rajput capital around 1300 AD. It then passed into the hands of Gujarat sultan Mahmud Begda, known to have spent nearly 23 years renovating and improving the fortifications
of Champaner, now renamed Muhammadabad.

To little avail, for the fort was soon annexed by the Mughals in 1535. For long Champaner had flirted with glory, but no more! It went into a steady decline soon after and was overrun by wilderness until a rediscovery of sorts was made by the British. 

Champaner is today the site of the Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, which UNESCO designated a World Heritage Site in 2004.

Wikipedia

ca.jpgcaa.jpg

Source : Gujarat tourism 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Champaner, Gujarat, India
21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Gujarat

Hey @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @BishowvijayaP @JohnnyE @MedRidaZ @Jnjoe

My next Geo Walk destination in December. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

That's amazing place @NareshDarji 👍👍👌😊😊

Am sure you will host more Meetups before

December , trust me 😎😁😎😁

This is part of Back to Street boys plan

Connect Moderator

Yes @OSAMA

We are planning for 2 to 3 Meetup in December. In our what's app group we are discussing this and decide to dates

Level 10

@NareshDarji This is brilliant 👏. Well done. I really love to visit archaeological sites and ancient ruins as well. Can't wait to see your meet-up pictures after your meet-up by then. 

Level 8

Wow amazing place to visit @NareshDarji, Thanks for sharing all this wonderful information with us bro !

Level 9

@NareshDarji wrote:

Hey @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @BishowvijayaP @JohnnyE @MedRidaZ @Jnjoe

My next Geo Walk destination in December. 

@NareshDarji wow that Geo Walk will be amazing one, can't wait to see it's recap. 😊🙌🏆

Level 10

After geo walk, here is no doubt that I will see beautiful photos from there @NareshDarji.

Happy times bro.

Connect Moderator

Hi @HelloSamsonR this is another meetup in December month. 

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@NareshDarji This is brilliant 👏. Well done. I really love to visit archaeological sites and ancient ruins as well. Can't wait to see your meet-up pictures after your meet-up by then. 

Connect Moderator

It's world heritage site @MedRidaZ

@MedRidaZ wrote:

Wow amazing place to visit @NareshDarji, Thanks for sharing all this wonderful information with us bro !