AslamMo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Which is the best Palace you've been to?

Every city with a bit of history has a Well known palace, one of the best known  and favourite palaces in my city Hyderabad, India is Chowmahalla Palace  of the ruler of Hyderabad state. It was the official residence of the ruler of Hyderabad while they ruled their state. Including Osman Ali khan, the seventh Nizam of Hyderabad who was on the cover of the year in Time magazine.Screenshot_2017-04-09-06-00-13.png

Celebrity net worth rated Osman Ali khan as the 6th richest man to ever live in the world

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/25-richest-people-lived-inflation-a...

The palace once had the largest collection of rolls Royce's in the world and still has some of the worlds finest cars on display today1916 Rolls Royce Phantom1916 Rolls Royce Phantom

The palace has received royalties like King of Russia, prince of wales etc.IMG-20170417-WA0016.jpg

All ceremonial functions including the accession to throne of the ruler and receptions were held at this palace.

The prestigious UNESCO Asia Pacific Merit award for cultural heritage conservation was presented to Chowmahalla Palace in 2010Coronation seat at Falaknuma palaceCoronation seat at Falaknuma palace

Which palace is best in your  city/state/region/country?

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Which palace is best in your city/state/region/country?

Nice post @AslamMo, even if sometime is not so easy to give an answer.
Ok, i've choosen Palazzo Ducale, in piazza San Marco, Venice.
Here a detail of the main entrance and the beautiful portico

SANY0073.JPG

SANY0080.JPG

Level 9

Wow, the palace looks majestic @ErmesT!

Connect Moderator

Yes @AslamMo, it is, But there is a big part of the famuos Venice that is undiscovered. For a reference, my topic about it. Sorry, is in Italian, I think I will have to translate it soon. Feel free to comment on it