GrethelP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Nicaragua Local Guide Meet-up Recap

Hey Local Guides around the world!

My name is Grethel from Nicaragua, and I want to share with you guys the most recent meet-up we had.

We discussed about recent program news, shared best practices, and two Local Guides that participated in the last 2 LG Summits shared their experience with us. It was a very productive meeting, we got to know more Local Guides from around the country, and the best part was that we had a lot of fun!

Our future plans include doing more Meet-ups and Photo-walks like this one and grow our community by inviting more friends and family to know about the program. I have been a Local Guide for about 2 years now and I can see a very significant growth of our community since our last meet-up. We also made some LG-inspired shirts to represent our community and to generate more interest. 

On another note, I also have a YouTube channel with my partner, Eric Martinez - our channel is In Between Maps. He participated  and vlogged about the 2.5 days of the LG Summit 2017 and shared it in this meet-up. Everyone was very excited and eager to participate in the next round of applications for #LGSummit18.

Here are a few AWESOME pictures of our meeting.Some of the Local Guides that participated in the meet-upSome of the Local Guides that participated in the meet-up

Sharing best practicesSharing best practices

Watching one of the LG Summit vlogs in San FranciscoWatching one of the LG Summit vlogs in San Francisco

Nicaragua represent!Nicaragua represent!

Eric M sharing his experience of the #LGSummit17Eric M sharing his experience of the #LGSummit17

Me taking picturesMe taking pictures

Goodies from the LG TeamGoodies from the LG Team

Managua, Nicaragua
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Nicaragua Local Guide Meet-up Recap

Awesome meet up LGs form Nicaragua! We'll have another one soon as our community continues to grow!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hey @GrethelP,

Thanks for this recap! It looks like you've had lots of fun. And by the way, these are some great T-shirts!

Thanks for sharing!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Amazing day!

Thank you so much Grethel and Eric for the invitation it was really really a great time, specially with others local guides.

Connect Moderator

Hi @GrethelP

Wonderful meetup, and beautiful t-shirt. Nice to see a so big group of Local Guides all together for a meet-up. Hey @EricMartinezPH, nice to see you exactly six months after the LGsummit17

All the best to you

Ermes

Level 7

Awesome! We need to have more meet-ups

Level 10
Solution

Awesome meet up LGs form Nicaragua! We'll have another one soon as our community continues to grow!