KarolinaPysz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to learn more about Road Mapper

Nope, @Canty451 

No Google Maps points, but a ton of kudos from fellow citizens that find your contributions really helpful 😉

Cheers

Morten

Level 7

Hey @KarolinaPysz,

Thanks for opening up this board!

I believe most of us have been mapping and have had series of questions along the way which we happen to ask each other anytime there's a meet up. Now this board comes in handy.

this is the new opportunity 

Level 7

This is no more convenient if I have to go on desk because it doesn't have appropriate answers.

Level 6

Trabalho sou arquiteto e urbanista numa prefeitura de interior de 45 mil habitantes. As informações de logradouro público no meu município não conferem com o que está no Google Maps. Os munícipes vem à prefeitura pedindo para alterar o nome de rua. Por causa disso virei "Guia Local do Google", faço várias solicitações de correções de nome de rua, traçado de via, adiciono lugares que não estão cadastrados, adiciono fotos de lugares, etc. O que acontece com minhas publicações de alterações no Google Maps, ditas como "publicadas", mas não são publicadas. Mesmo conferindo meses depois elas não são publicadas. Já solicitei várias vezes a mesma alteração, mas não aplica. Algumas alterações de denominação de rua são publicadas, outras não. Até entrei num grupo de Guia local do Google no Facebook, um usuário disse que é por causa da precisão do local de alteração. Eu não estou próximo da rua por exemplo, isso eu faço estando dentro da prefeitura. Não sei se procede, mas há alguma forma do Google acatar uma informação oficial, tenho todas as leis que deram nomes de rua no município.363937452_23995410313390652_4344728816944921244_n.jpg363942500_23995339640064386_5460440216473939886_n.jpg

Level 8

Olá, rondifernandes

Podemos lhe orientar na Comunidade de Ajuda do Google Maps em Português:

https://support.google.com/maps/community?hl=pt-BR

Outra alternativa seria a Prefeitura Municipal se tornar parceira de conteúdo de mapeamento:

http://maps.google.com.br/intl/pt-BR/help/maps/mapcontent/index.html

Arlete Meneguette

Google Products Expert

Level 6

Hello ???

I am a travel enthusiast and I have already applied twice for the position of road mapper. I have never had a follow-up, but I am always motivated to contribute to the improvement of information on tourist destinations. I would love to help users find the information they need to plan their trip.

@KarolinaPysz 

J
Connect Moderator

Re: Hello ???

@JulienH1 ,

Sorry for the late reply.

Road Mapper is a program to add roads in a limited number of countries through challenges.

With Road Mapper you can actually add roads 

in the following countries:

• Bangladesh
  • DR Congo
  • Ethiopia
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Kenya
  • Myanmar (Burma)
  • Nepal
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • South Africa
  • Tanzania
  • Uganda
  • Venezuela

In there you add roads through challenges: the AI show you an area inside a quadrant with around 700 meters of sides, and you can add the roads that you see in there.

Road Mapper is not related to "being a traveller", because there is not an experience about places to share, but simply the ability to identify roads through the Satellite view and to draw them.

If you want to add roads about areas that you know the road editor for desktop, included in Google Maps, is what you need.

If you want help about how to start just let me know, and I can share with you all the posts about that 

Level 6

Why did the follow button in Google Maps not appear on my account in the Maps application even though I am level 6 and I publish, contribute, and help people on Google Maps?