SagarS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Which smartphone is best for photography?

Hello friends, Myself Sagar from India. I am new to Google Local Guide connect. I want to add clear and crispy photos to Google Maps.Please tell me which smartphones is best for photography. Options are a) LG G5    b) Oneplus 3T    c) Iphone 6    d) Nexus 6P  e) Huawei Honor 8  f) Xiomi MI 5. Please help me to decide which smartphone is suitable.

Gunsada, Gujarat, India
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Which smartphone is best for photography?

@SagarS I believe all those cameras you listed will be more than sufficient. One thing to look out for would be the camera should have some form of Image Stablization, either optical (usually better) or digital. When we are on the go, walking and taking photos, some stabilization would help a lot. Also if the camera has a faster lens (or larger aperture size, ie smaller F number), that would help too, to let in more light especially indoors or during evening/night time. Although I don't use Apple products, generally accepted that iPhones do take good photos. And the Google Pixel phones also. 

Of course the other option is that you could split your budget between a mid range phone and a good point and shoot digital camera. Some of the budget mirrorless Sony A cameras with APS-C sensors are priced very well for their performance. 

If budget is larger, then also consider getting a 360 Camera, to take 360 panoramas. That would be quite useful and interesting as well. 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@SagarS I believe all those cameras you listed will be more than sufficient. One thing to look out for would be the camera should have some form of Image Stablization, either optical (usually better) or digital. When we are on the go, walking and taking photos, some stabilization would help a lot. Also if the camera has a faster lens (or larger aperture size, ie smaller F number), that would help too, to let in more light especially indoors or during evening/night time. Although I don't use Apple products, generally accepted that iPhones do take good photos. And the Google Pixel phones also. 

Of course the other option is that you could split your budget between a mid range phone and a good point and shoot digital camera. Some of the budget mirrorless Sony A cameras with APS-C sensors are priced very well for their performance. 

If budget is larger, then also consider getting a 360 Camera, to take 360 panoramas. That would be quite useful and interesting as well. 

Level 7

To begin with, any phone with a camera+gyroscope sensors+street view app installed. 

Level 10

Level 10

@KamalK wrote:

To begin with, any phone with a camera+gyroscope sensors+street view app installed. 

True, gyroscope is a must as you may also want to start taking 360 photos. There are other methods, too, but to begin with, a single smart phone may just do the job for you.

Level 1

I am using OnePlus 3 Smartphone with full features of DSLR. For photography lover, want to have stunning picture quality can but this phone.

Level 3

Well I'm not sure about any of those phone as far as which one takes the better picture, but myself I've been using the Samsung S7 edge. It has 12MP rear camera with dual pixel CMOS 5MP front camera. It also take pictures in full HD which makes the color of the picture stand out more. And it also has an option for stability and a few other things as well. 

Level 8

There are decent 's.eras in cheaper models. I have an LG stylus 2 and the phone is surprising. My daughter has a g4...price dropped a lot when g5 .came out...and its pretty great.

Level 1

Hola, yo creo q la mejor opción es el iPhone 6, porque cuando estás tomando las fotos, lo hace super rápido... Saludos

@sagars wrote:

Hello friends, Myself Sagar from India. I am new to Google Local Guide connect. I want to add clear and crispy photos to Google Maps.Please tell me which smartphones is best for photography. Options are a) LG G5    b) Oneplus 3T    c) Iphone 6    d) Nexus 6P  e) Huawei Honor 8  f) Xiomi MI 5. Please help me to decide which smartphone is suitable.

Level 1

Huawei p9 is a cool phone with a very nice camera

@sagars wrote:

@sagars wrote: