RZA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Level 7

Video for Local Guide Summit

How many takes you need to make your application video for the Local Guide Summit? Especially for non english spoken person...My english is hopeless hahaha

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Video for Local Guide Summit

@RZA Doesn't really matter in how many takes you shoot your video, if you are a native english speaker or a non-english speaker. I suggest you to have a look at this post Tips-for-your-Connect-Live-application-video There's some amazing tips being shared & remember today is the last day of submission. Do not delay or else the applications will be closed.

Best of luck for your application of connect live 2018 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

@RZA Doesn't really matter in how many takes you shoot your video, if you are a native english speaker or a non-english speaker. I suggest you to have a look at this post Tips-for-your-Connect-Live-application-video There's some amazing tips being shared & remember today is the last day of submission. Do not delay or else the applications will be closed.

Best of luck for your application of connect live 2018 🙂

Level 7
Level 7

Thank you Haseeb...It was fun though:)

Level 7

Hi @RZA,

It took me 20 takes for the video and I'm from bangladesh

Take as many takes until you find the one you're happy with.

Here goes the steps i followed, I hope it will help some of you:

1. Watch the video of other applicants: The easiest way to conquer your nervousness is to watch the video by other applicants. After seeing just one or two videos you will realize that it is very simple to make the video. You can see my one by clicking here. Here are some more from indonesia, india and spain
  2. Think about what to say: There are two tricks on what to say: Honesty and Relevance. 
    1. Honesty: Do not pretend to be someone you're not. Say the things only what you think is true.
    2. Relevance: Speak about only two things: Why you're a local guide and Why do you want to go to this summit. Be precise as 1 minute is not a long time to make a video.
  3. Pick the place and time: The background of your video is important. I chose my one to be "Shahid Minar" (It is the national monument for international mother language day on 21st feb). I shot my video at 6AM in the morning because of the lighting and the low background noise. 
    You should give some effort in selecting this. Outdoor video makes your video look fun but indoors provide less background noise.
  4. Just start shooting: In the digital age shooting is free, right. Use this to your advantage. Start shooting and watch your video to do better in the next shot. 
    I had to take 20 shots in my video before I selected the final one.
  5. Don't overthink: This is an important step to make the previous steps successful. Don't overthink about your video. Just be honest and start doing it.

Feel free to contact me if you need any more help

Ayon

Bangladesh

Level 7
Level 7

Thank you very much @ayonmohaimen. I wish you good luck.🙏😊

Level 7

@RZA, Good luck to you as well!

Level 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZcnLrj6DJE

H
i i'm Daniela from Colombia, ii'm not native english speaker, i have c1 for listen, b2 for speaking and writting no sure jjjjj 😃 i post my vìdeo 

Level 8

Hey, 

Don't worry. Give it a try, hopefully we'll see eachother at the summit. I'm a mexican with (I think) fluent english, and it took several takes to make a reasonable video. 

Greetings from Mexico!

Level 7
Level 7

Thx Man!

Greetings from Indonesia!