iMarbot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@NicacioS wrote:

Please,

Reevaluate the Category item.

There are cases where the Category simple is not accepted, you can find an equivalent that is accepted.

I already faced this problem and i decided to change the Category.

Please, if possible send me the screen whit the reason for the refusal.

Maybe i can help.

I already tried to change the category yesterday from Restaurant to Sea Food Restaurant, but still auto not applied. Does the category change have to be wider reaching?

Level 6

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@AbdullahAlMamun wrote:

Hello @iMarbot

This is a common question to many of us. If you read the article of @GusMoreira , Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

The answer is: "NOT APPLIED" means your editing is not accepted, their is no fixed reason for that,

But from my personal experience I found a point for this; I was trying to add a new place (a restaurant and also a chemist) on google maps via google maker (now it closed) but it was on pending, when map maker was closed I found that restaurant and the chemist was missing from the google maps; then I was trying to add these places again on the google maps but it was denied (NOT APPLIED). I think this is because it was added before but pending.

I specifically asked for that article to not be linked because its just a way of hiding the issue under the rug, and saying its just "normal". It would be an acceptable answer if the place creation was denied by a reviewer and not automatically by an algorithm.

Also, the second part sounds a lot like a bug...

Level 8

Do not expect Google will be giving any further details beyond the Post:  Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Each of us LGs will have our own theory.  But let's get real:  the routine works for me might not work for other people.  But when we care to make the correct edit, and we run out of ideas, we will just keep trying.

I have a theory:  when we keep submitting the same edit after reject, it might trigger another approval path in the system.  But I have no prove for that.

From time to time, our Google Moderators might pick up reports posted here in Connect, and escalate it via internal paths.  But those are normally high impact errors by my observation.

Level 7

@iMarbot, can you give a screenshot on the parameters you are setting?

Level 7

With all due respect @YK1001, do you believe that this is something cool - "we will just keep trying". Google is forgetting it's not us who needs them but it's them who needs us to point the delicate errors! Obviously we LGs are contributing in our free time and we do expect a bit of respect from the other side.

Google cannot just pin down an irrelevant post and convince us to go in an infinite loop. They have to reach to us and do lend ears to our problems and support us. I hope you understand what I am talking about. Please don't feel offended or angry as I am not here to demean you. Just sharing my views. 

Level 8

It is not cool, @lu5er.  But I have to admit more and more often, I care about the data more than Google do.  And that is the source of frustration.

But as we need to get real, so let's talk less about the individual edits.  Unless the edit is having high impact, what we can do is Send Feedback or re-submit.

May be, we can turn our focus and think more about a better way which is having high feasibility to improve the current situation.

I will keep hoping that a better mechanism is in the works.  And I will also hope the approval logics will got updated in the backend without telling us.  Thus it can be keep fine tuned, just like the Google Search algorithm.

We can always dream.

Level 7

@YK1001, what do you have to tell here? A simple road edit takes > 2 months to get approved?

LOL! I have a report on an arterial road with construction going on. When they approve my report, the road will be fixed! 😄

We need to discuss on a better alternative. If this goes can Google keep all of us?

Level 8

No, I have nothing to add, @lu5er.

The current situation is not good, from LGs perspective.

- Correct contributions are being rejected.  (Our own contribution are always good and correct, right?)

- Spams got published more and more

- Same edit, new join Level 1 LG got published while our own got rejected

- It takes forever to process Reports / Feedbacks.  2 month got a result I consider lucky.

- Reports on Duplicate never got processed.

Google is not telling.

And we are on our own.

Please be reminded that the RL model and the GMM just ended in Q1.  Changes take time.

And we can keep dreaming.

Level 6
Solution

@YK1001 wrote:

It is not cool, @lu5er.  But I have to admit more and more often, I care about the data more than Google do.  And that is the source of frustration.

But as we need to get real, so let's talk less about the individual edits.  Unless the edit is having high impact, what we can do is Send Feedback or re-submit.

May be, we can turn our focus and think more about a better way which is having high feasibility to improve the current situation.

I will keep hoping that a better mechanism is in the works.  And I will also hope the approval logics will got updated in the backend without telling us.  Thus it can be keep fine tuned, just like the Google Search algorithm.

We can always dream.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to the edit one last try today (even without a photo as sent from a PC) and it was automatically instantly accepted. I don't know why and at this point I don't care to keep perusing an answer that doesn't exist because of "machine learning".

I will however comment on the fact I have never received any positive outcome from the sending feedback function. Also sadly on the fact GMM had a much wider and diverse feature set than LG will probably ever have 😕

Level 10

@YK1001 wrote:

No, I have nothing to add, @lu5er.

The current situation is not good, from LGs perspective.

- Correct contributions are being rejected.  (Our own contribution are always good and correct, right?)

- Spams got published more and more

- Same edit, new join Level 1 LG got published while our own got rejected

- It takes forever to process Reports / Feedbacks.  2 month got a result I consider lucky.

- Reports on Duplicate never got processed.

Google is not telling.

And we are on our own.

Please be reminded that the RL model and the GMM just ended in Q1.  Changes take time.

And we can keep dreaming.

Well said @YK1001!