iMarbot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

We should always stick to the name of the business when registering POI on the Google Maps. Just like @JeroenM was pointing out as well. I don't think changing the outlook of what a business represent is accurate well enough. For example If I come down from a bus and the shop nearby I visit has a name ABC Catering Services, I will register such as ABC Catering Services and as well the category to which it applies. Business name should have the name they represent both in outlook and as well on Google Maps. @sputnikjim thanks for sharing the link as well. 

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Connect Moderator

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

The rules for naming are not determined by us, but rather what I have outlined is Google's naming rules that all using Maps must follow.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Thats a good tip...I have never added the same - however I have seen many while editing and was confused what to do with it... But its good not to have Ltd or Pvt Ltd in the name.

Regards,

Fahid K.A.

@YK1001 wrote:

So "Company" or "Company Limited" should not be included in the POI.

Level 9

I have identically named additions approved and rejected within minutes where I am adding similar features in different places... ... it does not seem to be a simple naming convention thing!

All part of the fun!