MidNightMapper's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

StreetView Ready for Puerto Rico - Open for Business

Looking for some alliance and or help to reach out to Local Guides and Trusted Photographers to leverage all of the StreetView Ready stuff that might be applied to help with on-going recovery and to provide My Business with 360 photospheres in a "Open for Business".   The start effort will be March 21st in either San Juan or in Mayaguez?    If you are interestst please contact me via <EMAIL REDACTED>.  We will have some special goodies to award to best efforts if that is also of interest?

RHS
MidNight Mapper

aka neil 

4 comments
Level 9

Re: StreetView Ready for Puerto Rico - Open for Business

Hello @MidNightMapper !

Please remove your personal email id from above post as it violates the policy of creating posts here on connect.
Feel free to read Read Before Posting

@GeorgesHR

@NadyaPN

Former Google Contributor

Hey @MidNightMapper,

We care deeply about everyone's privacy, therefore sharing personal information publicly is not allowed on Connect. That's why I edited your post. Also, I want to remind you that promotional activities of any kind are not allowed here either. Please take some time to read our Local Guides program rules and Local Guides community policy

Can you give some further details about your idea? I'm not sure I understand it.

Thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Ok I was looking for help on this effort.   I get you are tasked with patrol but is there any chance you might be able to offer some guidance on how to form up an effort?  Properly?

Puerto Rico was slammed and is still floundering.  The tought was the StreetView community, for those in Puerto Rico, might be able to contribute their particular conditons as well as possibly prviding small business there  

neil

Level 7

Ok I was looking for help on this effort.   I get you are tasked with patrol but is there any chance you might be able to offer some guidance on how to form up an effort?  Properly?

Puerto Rico was slammed by Hurricane Maria and is still floundering.  The thought was the StreetView community, for those in Puerto Rico, might be able to contribute their particular conditions as well as possibly providing small business there  a way to announce they were open for business.   

I guess ultimately I am hunting out anyone in Puerto Rico with a cellphone and interest could contribute to the process of response and recovery.   I am doing this as a hopeful good deed for Easter and to meet and work with new friends there.  In the core of this, we work with our DHS and DoD communities for the process of our collective defense and benefit.  The tools I suggest we will share are the same as what we provide to DHS/DoD.  We wanted to equip anyone working in the post hurricane weeks these tools to help share situational awareness but our governments' issues around security frustrated the share.     I was going to do the same StreetView voluntary suggested above at Christmas but discoverd PR's mobile phone infrastructure remained broken.  Decided to wait a bit more and it seems like only now the com infrastructure is again mostly operable. 

SO this is a call out to anyone willing to help catch-up the Puerto Rico StreetView to post hurricane conditions as of March 2018 to add their photospheres.  My group we have extended a number of the processes to be able to collect video of streets that can be used to add to the StreetView inventory or applied directly to the media collections for unique purpose.  I hope this response to the "too commercial" posting helps reduce your concerns?

MidNIght Mapper 

aka neil