ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: [Recap] World Wide Photo Walk Vicenza

Ciao @ErmesT,

What a beautiful, incredible meet-up at  Vicenza.

Italy is a Country with a big history full of art everywhere.

Great pics for the sculptures in the walls of the beautiful Palladian Buildings.

A marvelous Teatro Olimpico, full of sculptures too.

Beautiful paintings at Palazzo Chiericati.

A hot chocolate (it was cold!) and then Basílica Palladiana.

@plavarda was a great guide!

@AntonellaGr supporting you, as always :))) A big hug to her.

I love the video; the style you have used and the music choosed is fantastic.

You have done extraordinary!

And yes, we are ready for the next 😉

Felicidades, un fantástico recorrido fotográfico.

Un muy fuerte abrazo desde el Sur de España.

Alejandra.

Level 10

you also share your sticker and badge with LG member . same me too gift few local guides as like contest winner @ErmesT

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Thanks @AlejandraMaria

This meetup was possible only because of the huge preparation activity that you invested in it.

Kudos to you, and to all the meetup team.

@MahabubMunna, I love to use the stickers that I received at LGsummit17 as gifts for the Local Guides that are active parts of the events. Stickers are not mine, are a gift to share

Ermes

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT

I can say ,it's a romantic place with lovely architecture and atmosphere,

And you show case the beauty of Vicenza with way.

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos with us

Have a nice day

Googler

What a lovely post, @ErmesT and such stunning photos. You definitely shared the beauty with the rest of us...and made us jealous!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Oh @TraciC

Thanks a lot, I'm happy that you like it. You don't need to be jealous, (well, I'm jealous too, of the beautiful place where you were last week).

This is what I suppose we Local Guides should do: "share the beauty".

Beauty is everywhere, we only need eyes to watch it (and a camera to share it). 

Maybe a day I will have the opportunity to be your local Local Guide

Ermes

Googler

I know you will, @ErmesT and thank you. The offer is open to you if you come to NYC, too! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Kudos to you, dearest @ErmesT and Italy Local Guides, hope all's well. Great to see you all getting together. Thank you for sharing your beautiful city of Vicenza. Worldwide photo walk - Vicenza album is like a history lesson, your culture has influence all over the world. We see echos of your city's classical art and architecture style all the time, it's special to see the originals. Thanks again and kindest regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 9

Ciao Giude Locali, ciao @ErmesT @AntonellaGr  @Nicoletta @davidhyno

se questa notte avete visto gli Oscar da Hollywood, il Teatro Olimpico, Il gioiello vicentino del Palladio, è stato scelto come scenografia della performance del cantante Sufjan Stevens per "Mystery Of Love"; una delle canzoni della colonna sonora del film di Luca Guadagnino "Chiamami col tuo nome"

Level 9

@LucioV spariti tutti i gatti ah ah ah!!! Chissà perchè!!! 

Per gli amici non italiani spieghiamo che il soprannome degli abitanti di Vicenza nel Veneto è Magnagati (cioè mangiatori di gatti), ma non è vero ovviamente!!  Una ipotesi storica del termine Magnagati deriva da questo : 
Un' ipotesi dell''800 vuole che il detto abbia invece un'origine fonetica: la frase "hai mangiato" nell'antico dialetto vicentino si traduceva con "gatu magnà" e i veneziani usavano dare soprannomi con la desineza "magna": magnamaroni, magnamocoli, magnacarta fino a magnamerda. Ai berici sarebbe toccato "magnagati" non tanto per le preferenze in cucina bensì per la diffusa presenza nelle case e nelle strade dei piccoli felini, molto amati. 

Infatti a Vicenza i gatti sono molto amati come animali da compagnia per il salotto e non in cucina!!!

Spero che anche gli amici non italiani possano capire questa cosa che può risultare molto complicata, soprattutto nel capire che il Veneto è una lingua, la lingua parlata a Venezia antica, che è stata in competizione con il fiorentino, la lingua di Firenze, per diventare la lingua ufficiale italiana (ha vinto il fiorentino)!!! 

Voglio ricordare anche che il la lingua Veneta è oggi parlata ancora nella sua tradizione antica del 1800 in Brasile da popolazioni discendenti dagli emigrati di fine '800. Questa lingua è diventata con il nome di Talian co-lingua ufficiale del Brasile. 

Ciao a tutte le guide locali!!!

Paolo