MuhannadK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up Dallas, TX

The call started from the local guides for one more excitement meet up, the limit I had that I am travelling in Dallas, TX for short time and still not really familiar with best places and restaurants however, as I can’t resist joining such nice event,I have decided to be part of the World Wide Food Crawl Meet up and to join our local guides friends around the world, and add more excitement to the local guides all over the world

Starting with soft drinkStarting with soft drink 

As still exploring the city, it was challenging to find a place at acceptable price, reachable for majority, in nice neighborhood and having different taste, sure, I have joined Dallas Local Guides group to get suggestions on a place, later I had the chance to visit one restaurant with offering nice mix of Shawarma and this was the place 😊

TX Dallas is a large city and it’s not easy to bring the people in a place easily, this fact can make it more challenging to local guides to join the meetup in addition to the busy month, sure many thanks for the local guides who called by phone and apologized as they got involved in other staff and couldn’t’ make it to join us

The meet up was planned at 15:00, I have arrived with @SoniaK early to the place and we stared the meetup, then we explored the menu and decide to go for a mix of traditional food in addition to chicken shawarma mixed salad and riceino 😊

The food is Mediterranean and has nice combination of Falafel, Waraq Dawali (Lengthy translation required ), Fatoush, Taboula in addition to Humusana in Lebanese style, the other dish was a combination of riceino, topped by traditional salad and on the chicken shawarma and the tasty taheena (Sesame syrup ) and for tahini will have another topic later 😊

Mediterranean MiXMediterranean MiX

Shawarma MiXShawarma MiX

Then the place exploration started and we had the chance to see how the traditional shrak bread is made, and the life station was there where we can see and photo /video the process

20171217_160926.jpg

Shirak BreadShirak Bread

Then when we have completed the first mission and dishes almost demolished, we start the sweets part, and the choice was the Baklawa filled with pistachio, this part was amazing as well, can’t resist.. in addition, I remember since the LGSummit days and Snoia asking about Baklawa, so we have arrived to important milestone 😊

The Baklawa SweetsThe Baklawa Sweets

As second mission completed successfully we had to carry on and leave the restaurant, however we have decided to explore the surrounding place, add more details to the map for few of restaurants around us

Before we leave, we thought to have a quick cup of tea which was the fourth mission, and Starbucks was the choice, the traditional green tea matcha was the choice, the trick the Starbucks in middle east not offering this match tea so it was excellent opportunity for limited time for me 😊 

Green tea MatchaGreen tea Matcha

During tie meetup Sonia took very nice photos till I became confidant that she is the one who should write the recap as she surprised me on how to make photos talk with different views

In total we had to close the meetup by 19:30 for a duration of 4 and half an hour and overall mission was completed successfully

More photos available here 

Million thanks to all who initiiated this world wide meetup, supported, followed up with communications, approved, joined, tried to join, though to join, supported in direct way or indirect way and for those who read the recap now 🙂 

Have a wounderful 2018 ........

21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up Dallas, TX

Hi @MuhannadK, so happy so see two of my best friends all together in Dallas - TX - for a so beautiful meetup.

I'm enjoyng the photos from you an @SoniaK, in the wonderful album that you shared.

You two are making my Christmas late night very happy.

Thank you for sharing, thank you for mapping

I wish you all the best for a wonderful 2018, in wich I hope to meet you again

All the best from Treviso (Venice)

Ermes

Level 9

Thank you very much @ErmesT, its my pleasure to read your reply and you are right, we have wonderful friendship and proud to make you happy at the holidays 

And sure without @SoniaK  could not have a successful meet up 

Cheers, 

Level 10

You guys are so great, @MuhannadK and @SoniaK. Lovely to hear your story. Food looks delicious, so colourful. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and kindest regards from Osaka78

Level 9

Thank you very much @Osaka78forTRUMP , in fact you are a start for the world wide meetup, and many efforts was there to support all of us, thanks million to you 

Level 10

Yes, we joined in to be part of it all, same as you guys, everyone helps best they can, @MuhannadK. We all support each other. Maps and Local Guides is better with each one's contributions put together. Lovely to see your smiling faces shining around the world. Thank you, MuhannadK, for an awesome 2017. Kindest regards from Osaka78

@MuhannadK wrote:

Thank you very much @Osaka78forTRUMP , in fact you are a start for the world wide meetup, and many efforts was there to support all of us, thanks million to you 

Level 10

Wow a nice recap of a nice food crawl meet-up. Just found it after searching. Thank you @SoniaK and @MuhannadK for your participation in the world wide food crawl meet-up 2017. I love Sonia's suggestion to make this event become an annual agenda. Let's make it again and again every year! we love meet-up and we love food!

Best regards

Budiono

Connect Moderator

Every single day is a meetup session for me @BudionoS. But if it is garnished with food, then it's priceless. 

I believe @MuhannadK also will agree with me. We are foodies. And the worldwide food crawl is very much our own event. 

Connect Moderator

@MuhannadK, I never got a chance to write about the recap nor did I thank you well enough for giving me the opportunity to take part in such a wonderful meetup. (Well, I actually took you for granted and that's why did not really thank you.) 

It was indeed a great time together while exploring the Mediterranean cuisine. I loved every bite of my food. Especially those falafel, the humus and of course, the heavenly bakhlava- aaah....they still are watering my mouth even just by thinking about it. We need to go there again only for bakhlava. 

Oh yes, that reminds me, we sure need to go there again to see if the manager arranged a wheelchair accessible entrance as he committed us. What do you think? 😛

Level 9

Thank you very much @SoniaK, for sure it was really nice meet up and food, for the idea to go there,, mmm .. I got chance today to get one more dish of Shawarma, but this time spicy option   🙂  but didn't get the chance for the Baklawa  🙂 

Sure I am ready we can have one more visit, now I have a big list of restaurants to visit in Dallas, time is short and the list is big 🙂 

Same time I can't believe it how you observe the details @SoniaK  🙂 , we have to give them some time to breath 😉 

And here the photo 

Spicy ShawarmaSpicy Shawarma20171228_135846.jpg