Justine2807's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: [RECAP] -World Wide Cafe Walk Sydney Australia.

Hi @KarenVChin

Nice sharing ! Yes, you are right @Justine2807 @Christine_T have done excellent work yesterday. Keep sharing and keep updating. 

Let's make Google maps and Connect live a better place for the Global Cummunity.

Wish you all the best ;

Best regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 10

What a lovely Meetup @Justine2807 it was also great to connect with you over there in Sydney through the live streaming seeing all the amazing fun you all had. Thanks for sharing your detailed experience with us. 

Level 10

Hi @Justine2807,

The meet-up was a great success! We had such a lovely time even though it was cold for the most part, but we got to make friends with another Local Guide Thomas. I never would have thought about going on top of Customs House for a spectacular view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the idea was thoughtful and brilliant.

I love the map that illustrates where we've walked, and also the inclusion of the three livestreams that we participated in during the walk. It really goes to show how worldwide the Local Guides program really is, and it's so great that we can seamlessly connect with one another halfway across the world in three directions as we go!

Thanks for being such an intrepid organiser to the meet-up. You host so many great adventures and ideas for meet-ups from the Australia Day meet-up to the 36-photowalk in La Perouse and even the International Day of Culture. More Sydney-siders should join us and have the same fun that we had while discovering more about the program.

Level 8

@Briggs We are all so connected and this walk is such a lovely illustration of that incredible truth. 

Thank you @Justine2807 for sharing so much for allto experience. 

All the best & kind regards, Richard (aka Jordmate)

Cheers
Richard
Level 6

Hi @Briggs

Nice contribution ! You have taken an important role to organize the meet uo. Keep sharing and keep updating. Let's make Google maps and Connect live a better place for the Global Cummunity.

Good luck !

Regards,

Thokchom DS India

Level 8

Nice @Justine2807

Thanks for the recap.

Cheers

Level 9

Hi @Justine2807!

Wuauuuu! what an incredible meet-up. You made a lot of things!!!!

Congratulations!

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Hi @THOKCHOM

I organised this meetup and have been trying to influence others to contribute for many meetups now.

Briggs always joins in and comes to almost all meetups. He is a great supporter. I have asked him if he wants to be more involved to please apply to organise the next meetup. 

I am sure he will make it happen, and myself and many others will be there to support him if he does organise one too. If he is too busy with work or studies we will help him in any way we can. 

@Briggs asked me if he could contribute with a video recap for this one, I was delighted and of course said yes. I hope that is the beginning of more valuable contributions. I have explained to him how the organisers are requested for Meetup recaps and videos as a part of the Google Maps Local Guides Connect meetup feedback. But that all contributions are valuable and how we love for everyone to contribute.   

We had many YouTube Live Streaming interactions between different countries through this meetup that was organised that are the video contributions as well. So lots to see as you know. 

Thank you again for your support.

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 10

Hi @KarenVChin

Thank you for your kindness, you are so amazing in all your continued support through all the Google Maps Local Guides Meetups I have organised. There are so many kind people in Google Maps Local Guides Connect who constantly support us all all around the world, and I know each and everyone are so outstanding and helpful, so thanks again to them and you for being you! 

Hahaha @Briggs birthday was actually the next day, as he told me, he was very shy about it (As you can see from the Google Maps Local Guides Connect YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts we did with Japan, Nepal and Nigeria. (Plus Germany, Spain, Brazil  and many other countries in the videos as you see in my recap). I found out from @OSAMA that it was time for birthday wishes, so made it a double celebratration! So much fun! 

The Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Photo walk Meetup involved a lot of interesting, fun activities, so turned out to be another great Google Maps Local Guides Connect meetup success! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 10

Hi @Justine2807,

Very nice recap. It seems that all the team had great time.

Thanks for sharing the photos and the videos. I had a good time watching them!

See you around

Jul