RahmatHarmanP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Monas Night Walk ( Singapore & Jakarta Local Guides)

MONAS NIGHT WALK, a Friendly Meet Up Singapore Local Guides and Jakarta Local Guides

Visiting Jakarta? Have you ever been to Monas, have you ever gone up to the peak of Monas? Well that's the usual obligatory question I ask when I meet with travelers from abroad. It feels like incomplete thing if you go to Jakarta but you've never been to MONAS.

Meet Up Singapore Local Guides and Jakarta Local GuidesMeet Up Singapore Local Guides and Jakarta Local Guides

Muka Muka Ceria di belakang Monumen Nasional . Tingginya  132 m (433 ft) beserta 35 kg emasMuka Muka Ceria di belakang Monumen Nasional . Tingginya 132 m (433 ft) beserta 35 kg emasThe idea of Meeting Up MONAS NIGHT WALK was originally a Friendly Meet Up between Singapore Local Guide @JulienH and Jakarta Local Guides to get to know and exchange information about Local Guides activity in each country while having a bite of Lenggang Jakarta culinary with friends of Jakarta local guides. On the way to monas, LG Ria came upon the young Germany men (Chrish, Manuel, Bjoern & Hannes) so, we made a use this moment to explain what Local Guide was and provide them the information about destinations and directions to the several locations in Jakarta particularly, and Indonesia generally by using Google Map.

At the start, we planned to visit other destinations around the Monas as well, look at the State Palace and Bundaran HI , but because the time was getting late with a fairly long line (even though it was on business day), we finally decided to establish one goal of going up to the peak of MONAS while walking through several directions of MONAS
Queues and happy faces of the MONAS Peak climbersQueues and happy faces of the MONAS Peak climbers

Untitled-1.jpg

Jakarta is a big city, that was what Julien and Germany Tourists said. Yup, at this Peak we can see the 4 corners of Jakarta right from the Heart of the City. A different experience, The next event was tasting culinary of Lenggang Jakarta, a variety of typical Jakarta food could be find here, while telling about the diversity that exist in Jakarta, we shared stories about local guide activities in each country. Finally the stall keeper warned us that they would close, the time showed at 23:00, our chat was stopped because of the day was already night too and the owners of the stall were about to close their stall and the next day we had to do our activities

There are still many interesting and historic destinations in Jakarta waiting to be explored

Thanks to all Jakarta Local Guides who have spent their time in this Meet Up.

@UlyTheresia @Ain_amush @SuhandiWidjaja @ndraverne @JulienH @FebriaRoosita @AliAkbar @Ria Lyzara @Andriwianto

Cc @BellaWi @iyudhi 

It's a busy day but we were having fun this night... Enjoy Jakarta

Jakarta, Indonesia
17 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Monas Night Walk ( Singapore & Jakarta Local Guides)

I must say wow wow wow what a great international meet up @RahmatHarmanP

You guys are rocking. 

As I know @JulienH personally. He is a very humble and creative person  (from our Kuala Lumpur meet up ).

Beautiful photos and you guys choose better way to explore the city. 

Well done and keep it up 

Level 8

Yay! For my very first time to join with Jakarta Local Guides and awesome Night Walk.
Thank you for accepting me and my (new) friends from Germany! 😄

Level 9

Very nice Meetup @RahmatHarmanP and it's look you all are very happy and enjoy your Meetup :-))))

Keep it up 😊 @RiaLyzara 👍😊👍😊

Level 8

Bls: [RECAP] Monas Night Walk ( Singapore & Jakarta Local Guides)

Terima kasih @RahmatHarmanP idenya selalu cemerlang, dari mulai pemilihan lokasi, membuat banner dan badge. Dan akhirnya foto dan video yang dahsyat. 

Terima kasih juga buat @UlyTheresia tetap datang walaupun terlambat, karena kesibukan pekerjaan.

Terima kasih @JulienH, saya dapat teman baru.

Oh yah, walaupun saya di Jakarta sudah 20 tahun, kemarin baru pertama kali saya naik sampai puncak Monas. Sebelumnya hanya di pelataran saja.

Terima kasih juga buat semua teman-teman yang hadir.

Suhandi

Level 10

@RahmatHarmanP Wow thank you for organizing the time and venue, I wouldn't know where to go as a visitor. And for the wonderful video and the banner too! Very amazed by your energy. 

@AkmalB Hi again! It is good to hear from you again. Wish I can spend more time in each country as always, but there is never enough time. Happy that LG has brought us all in contact and so glad to meet new people and learn more about each country and culture. 

@RiaLyzara it is just so hilarious that we had four new German friends. I hope they are now know about local guides and will do the same in their own city Munich.

@SuhandiWidjaja there are so many people from Jakarta group that came including you, I am so happy to meet you all. 

Thank you for your kindness, hospitality, and laughter. Jakarta people are so friendly and kind and welcoming of visitors. Looking forward to seeing more of Indonesia and the famous Lombok island in the future too.

😃

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

You are most welcome at any time @JulienH  it was a pleasure to meet you. 

Thanks 

Level 10

@RahmatHarmanP  Makin keren aja nih Jakarta Local Guides.

Kapan-kapan kalo pas lewat tak ampiri yoo.

Connect Moderator

Finally, i can read recap of this awesome meet up! Keep it up Jakarta!!

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Hi  @AkmalB!

Are you from Malaysia? InshaAllah, I will go to KL on 29th to 30th this month, do you have a recommendation of places to visit? 🙂