Mayford's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: [RECAP] Lagos Local Guides Forum

Lagos Local Guide Forum 2018 is one of the best event that have happened this year!

With #GoogleMaps and these energetic, brilliant and stalwart Lagos Local Guides, I'm sure the world is going to be a better place!

Thanks to all the top logistics planners and most of all to the attendees........ (@Suenoyi, make sure you don't miss the next one!

@Mayford wrote:

It was a gathering of enthusiastic Local Guides in Lagos to further connect and share ideas and experience so far on the Local Guides Programme. Held at an upscale eatery in Lagos, the meetup saw in attendance up to 38 amazing Local Guides from across the city. The most colourful activity of the day was the photo session with all attendees appearing in bright colourful shirts, adding glitz and glamour. 

In sessionIn sessionGrey team in all brightnessGrey team in all brightnessBlue team looking dapperBlue team looking dapper

Six speakers made presentations at the event showcasing the essence of Wheelchair Accessibility on Maps, tips on navigating Lagos with the Google Maps, joining StreetView and making the best out of it, writing extended reviews on the Google Maps,  Local Guides perks and annual connect event, going green with the Google Maps, as well as organizing meetups effectively.

Our speakers at the forumOur speakers at the forum

Not forgetting the photo highlight of the day, our creative photographer Local Guide deployed his drone to capture the moment we had been waiting for. It was truly an exciting time with everyone and we can't wait to see another gathering of very brilliant minds who share interests and passion in helping others.

Capturing the best momentsCapturing the best moments

While the event has ended, the good times shared remain a lasting memory as we further relate and continue to share ideas and help others by making valuable contributions on the Maps, promoting accessibility as much as possible.

Happy faces at the forumHappy faces at the forumGroup shot with all attendeesGroup shot with all attendeesBright faces at the photo sessionBright faces at the photo session

We appreciate the efforts of the team who made sure logistics were taken care of. @U-royFelixA @Sayo @HelloSamsonR @Adesholay @bassey @Sagir  @SanyaOdare @pwanaduku @Lelekena @EmekaUlor and everyone who attended

See more photos in our Forum Photo Album https://photos.app.goo.gl/gtcVKoTNXPpJ54Xg1

Check out short drone footage here https://photos.app.goo.gl/X40JpbHH5P2kEvCr1

)

Love you all

Level 8

Great stuff @SanyaOdare @Mayford

I was following you guys on Instagram :))

A job well done. Salute!

Cheers

Badruddeen

Level 6

It was a great opportunity for us to connect and network towards being better guides.

It was great meeting you all.

@U-royFelixA @Sayo @HelloSamsonR @Adesholay @bassey @Sagir  @SanyaOdare @pwanaduku @Lelekena @EmekaHouse and everyone who attended

Level 10

@ErmesT Can you move this thread to this:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/RECAP-Lagos-Local-Guides-Forum/m-p/846187#M64234 there seems to be a double post from the host. Perhaps this was due to some errors.

Level 10

Thanks @Frankdamaxx it was great meeting you all. I hope and look forward to seeing you sometimes soon again :).

Connect Moderator

Level 7

Very well done! Great stuff! 

Level 10

Thanks for help @ErmesT I appreciate.

Level 8

Great recap @Mayford. I loved reading it and I am sure you had a great event. Tshirt you are wearing is so good. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 7

A day well spent. 

I not only got to put faces to many names but I also got to make new friends! When the 'seniors' stepped up to share their experiences and tips, i could see that many of us were gingered to press forward in our goals.

It was an eye opening experience as many  questions were answered with out my voicing them out and now am gearing up for my first meet up.....

Much love to @Mayford @Sayo @Adesholay @HelloSamsonR @SanyaOdare @pwanaduku @Sagir and every single person I met!!!!!