Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Architectural Shooting Photo

Architectural Shooting Photo

Casablanca

Casablanca, Morocco

May 21, 2018 @ 13:00 (WET)

Hi evererybody, you are fan of architectures and historical monuments ? So let's meetup for an architectural shooting photo day, in Casablanca. Casablanca is a big city, wichs built by great architects of 18 and 19 century, from the ghotical architecture to the Hispanic architectures, there is for every phographer or a fan of architecture. Many student of architecture comes from all the world to be inspired and olso to study ! So let's meet on May 21 2018, for those who are intersted ! The tour will start at 1pm to 3 pm, 2 hours are enought to descover a maximum of sites, because most of the architectures we are looking for are located in the city center ! Thank for your participation ♥

RSVP here

More on Instagram, Facebook, NikonClub, YourShot & Google Maps
Casablanca, Morocco
36 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Architectural Shooting Photo

Hi @ATO_Explore,

I am sad for you.

Don't you use the synchronisation with google photo? It is free and unlimited!

Looking forward to see your pictures on Friday.

Have a nice day and see you around

Jul

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello dear Local Guides, I want to inform you that the date of the meeting scheduled for Monday, May 21, changed for Sunday May 20.

The Sunday Casablanca will be rather calm and this will allow us to take pictures of the architectures without traffic jam.

Thanks for your understanding

Best Regards !

Level 7

Hi it is a good idea. i will be. let's shoot some great photos. I want to participate so where gonna we meet please. 

Level 9

Hi @Samize, thanks for your participation and for your question, the meeting will start at Rond point Maréchal Lyautey front of BMCI Bank !

The first monument we wil shoot is an magnificent architecture , front of Rond Point Lyautey.

See you !

Best regards

Level 7

Hi @ATO_Explore, It Was a good day for shooting we enjoyed a lot and discovered a lot. Photos are magnificient and tomorrow I gonna publish mines to share them with you and with interesred #LocalGuides 

Level 9

Hi @Samize, yes it was !!!, ok for me, thats what i want a do too, before i share the photos   i have to sort them !

Thank you @Samize, for your participation, it was  a good day ♥

Level 9

Hi all, here is the first part after sort photo !

I add a vantage filter + vignets to the photos !

Information about architecture in Casablanca ▼

Neo-Classical
Architectural language of the nineteenth century European for some buildings in the city center where we can observe columns, balconies, loggias, decorated with floral decorations, garlands, carved medallions.

Neo- Mauresque
Mainly concerned are the first important buildings built outside the old medina, rather inspired by the achievements of North Africa in the nineteenth century (Algeria, Tunisia), like the Excelsior hotel, characterized by the use of broken arches, azulejos (tiles of faience) on the facades, pergolas, green tiles on the roofs and the awnings.

Public buildings
They take the decorative elements of traditional architecture: arcades, friezes and panels covered with zelliges, green tiles, wooden ceiling, carved stone. However, they stand out clearly from the neo-Moorish style by the simplicity of their volumes and their rational design. This style will be recommended by the Protectorate authorities, in particular, by General Lyautey very attached to the "exterior sobriety" of local constructions.

Art Deco Style: Exhibition of Decorative Arts of 1925
The forms and decor become geometric, stylized, rid of classical ordinances and realistic ornamentations. The zelliges will be used instead of the ceramic tiles that cover the buildings of the same period in Europe.

Functionalist style
The modern Cubist movement known through constructivism in the USSR, and then BAUHAUS in Germany, is present in Casablanca since the 20s. These buildings with bare facades will shape the modern image of the city.

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Jabin - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Jabin - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Jabin - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Jabin - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Neo-Mauresc Style: 1918 - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniNeo-Mauresc Style: 1918 - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Neo-Mauresc Style: 1918 - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniNeo-Mauresc Style: 1918 - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by Pierre Bousquet - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by M.J. Nicolas Engener &  Greslin Architect - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by M.J. Nicolas Engener & Greslin Architect - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by M.J. Nicolas Engener &  Greslin Architect - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1920-1930 - Built by M.J. Nicolas Engener & Greslin Architect - Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building

Art-Deco building : 1918 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1918 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Art-Deco building : 1918 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik OthmaniArt-Deco building : 1918 - Built by Pierre Bousquet- Photo Author's - Abdelmajid Tarik Othmani

Thank's to #LocalGuides community, to guive the oppurtunity, to make this meeting and share it, and also  invite #LocalGuides    to participates.

It was a good day, spent with LocalGuides Samize, wichs the only  Moroccan #LocalGuides who participate

So special thanks to @Samize,   @Julien44,   @PaulPavlinovich,   @NadyaPN,   @OSAMA,  @Dar,   @BudiFXW,   @NarcisseTEHIA,   @helga19

And all the community of #LocalGuides ♥♥♥

See you for the second part after sort photos ♥

Level 10

Thank you @ATO_Explore.

I like the way you make classification for architectural building.

The way you took the picture is great.

Keep on your good works. Especially in taking pictures.

Regards.

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 9

Hi @BudiFXW,  thank you for your support ♥

A special kiss from Africa to Indonesia ♥

Best Regards

Level 10

Hi @ATO_Explore,

Thanks for sharing your photos of Casa. I am pleased because I have never been there and I didn't know it was so nice. 

The pictures show well the architecture of Casablanca and the filter are making it even better. 

I loved the wink to France with La Poste, Le Noble, Axa and Société Générale.

I am looking forward for the second part!

See you 

Jul