How do it?

Mozambique

Mozambique
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: I would like to make 360 videos of my country

Purchase a panoramic camera. Or an application on a cell phone, some phones also have panoramic features pre installed on them. Here is an example.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vtcreator.android360

I haven't tried it but it has good reviews.

View solution in original post

Level 5
Solution

Purchase a panoramic camera. Or an application on a cell phone, some phones also have panoramic features pre installed on them. Here is an example.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vtcreator.android360

I haven't tried it but it has good reviews.

Level 6

Thanks

Level 10

For 360 videos, you will need to purchase a hardware 360 camera, which usually have at least 2 fish eye lenses. There are many brands and companies producing it today, and even more coming in the future. You can check out the thousands of reviews online. Some of the more popular brands include Ricoh, Samsung, Garmin, GoPro, Insta360, LG, etc. It's as simple and using the camera and just pressing the record button on the camera. After you have recorded the video, the camera will come with their own specialized software to "convert/stitch" the raw video into a 360 panorama video. 

Once you have done that, you can upload the video to YouTube or Facebook or any other VR360 hosting sites to share with the world.

You can check out the many how-to videos in YouTube. Post any queries back to LG Connect if you hit a road block.

Level 6

thank you so much. excellent tips, but it comes out a bit expensive for me and the videos that I would like to make are especially for the gmaps

Level 9

@Gloriano

You say:

- I would like to make 360 videos of my country
- I would like to make are especially for the gmaps

You first asked for 360 and LG's replied on this way.
Reason why it's important to give right information to get adapted answers.
Now if just to do Maps vids no need to break your Piggy Bank 😉
A correct modern smartphone is good enough

Last on how to do Maps Video read MegS Post

Have a nice day 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 10

@Gloriano Google Maps at the moment does not support 360 video. You can however upload flat normal video to Google Maps using the Google Maps Android app, and that you can just use your phone camera.

If you meant 360 panorama photos, then yes, you can upload that to Google Maps app or to the StreetView app, both will update the Google Map information. For 360 panorama photos, you can use your phone (most phones ok) and the StreetView app to take 360 photos.

Level 6

oky thanks

Level 6

Thanks