RivaniRahmadani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

what building is the symbol of your city?

Malang City Hall BuildingMalang City Hall Building

Malang City Hall Building is located at Jalan Tugu No. 1 Keluraham Kidul Dalem, Klojen District, Malang City, East Java Province. The location of this building overlooks Tugu Square, and is adjacent to the Splendid Inn and Tugu Hotels.

every city must have a building that is the pride of the city, in the city of Malang where I live, there is one old building by the Dutch government that had occupied the government of Malang City before the independence of my country. the old building is well maintained, functioning as a government office where government officials work. besides this Malang City Hall is also a destination for tourists both domestically and internationally to just take photos of the building or spend time to relax in the garden in front of it.

Short story about the history of planning the construction of Malang City Hall : 
On April 26, 1920 city planning was made which included the construction of a Malang city hall building as a place of government. The idea of ​​planning arose after the mayor held a planning meeting in Malang City Hall with the jury Ir. W. Lemei, Ir. Ph. N Te Winkel and Ir. A. Grunberg. Of the 22 participants, none of them met the requirements, so on February 14, 19127 it was decided by the city council to carry out city development with a budget of F.287,000. The design that was finally used was the work of H.F. Horn from the Architect Bureau in Semarang with the motto: Voor de Malang van burgers (for Malang residents). The construction of City Hall was carried out from 1927 to 1929, and began to be occupied in September 1929 by the second mayor, Ir. EA Voorneman. When it is occupied, Malang City Hall still feels there are some shortcomings in the design of the building, especially in the interior design of the building. Finally, the Malang City Hall requested assistance from Cosman Citroen. Citroen was the second generation Dutch architect after 1900 who lived in Surabaya. He once designed Surabaya City Hall (1925). So, when Citroen was asked to help the Malang City Hall, he immediately designed the mayor's own space which until now still looked magnificent.

view Malang of city hall from city park in front of city hallview Malang of city hall from city park in front of city hall

show us local guides around the world of buildings that are symbols of your city, show now !!

Rivani Rahmadani
48 comments
Level 9

Re: what building is the symbol of your city?

Nice post @RivaniRahmadani

Thank you for sharing

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing, @RivaniRahmadani.

This is really a very interesting subject. Always when travelling the first thing I ask is what streets, corners and buildings bring memories to people here. I would really love to learn as much about it as possible. After all, this is what writes modern history.

http://www.ekip7.bghttp://www.ekip7.bg

In my hometown the building symbol is an old hotel. In the 1970s, technology in Bulgaria was in a great upswing and strength. In those years some of the biggest in size projects related to construction in our country were realized. The hotel stands tall above all buildings in town. Just beneath it there is a long and massive staircase which leads right to the city center. The hotel spins around itself in a way that makes you what to sit and have a talk with the architect. You just know you can learn something from him. 

http://socbg.comhttp://socbg.com

I'm looking forward to learn about the home building symbols of the others as well. Tell us about yours, @Ivi_Ge@JavieraAu@Sorbe@ErmesT@TravellerG@KlaudiyaG. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hi @IrrPavlova

Thank you for this tag, which means a lot to me. 

I was born on a city next to the city next to the seaside, and without a doubt it's symbol is the castle, built in the XVI to defend the city from the Pirate's attack

Photo taken from https://www.archilovers.com/projects/18723/il-castello-di-rapallo.htmlPhoto taken from https://www.archilovers.com/projects/18723/il-castello-di-rapallo.html

The castle nowadays is used mainly for art exhibition and during the 3rd of July, end of the Celebrations of Madonna of Montallegro, is symbolically burnt with a spectacular effect of flares and lights.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the tag, @IrrPavlova

What for me is the real simbol of the city is not a building. Treviso is a walled medieval city, surrounded by a wall and a river.

The river is passing also inside the city, for giving energy to all the water wheels that in the past was the engine for all the activitiesCaption: Local Guide @AlejandraMaría taking a picture of a water wheel, in my cityCaption: Local Guide @AlejandraMaría taking a picture of a water wheel, in my city

Level 7

Bls: what building is the symbol of your city?

Bagus postingannya kak @RivaniRahmadani 

Level 10

Great post, and these landmarks mean so much to the weary traveller who knows they are almost home at first sighting of them in the distance!

Our local landmark is known locally as 'The Hoad' although that is actually the name of the hill it sits on. It's a monument to Sir John Barrow who was a local man who went on to be a great sailor and explorer in the 1800s. The Hoad was built in 1850 and even though it looks like a lighthouse it doesn't serve that purpose. It can be seen for miles around and in the summer months it is open to the public for a climb to to top to see some great views! The HoadThe HoadThe Hoad

Russell Holden
Level 10

Great post, and these landmarks mean so much to the weary traveller who knows they are almost home at first sighting of them in the distance!

Our local landmark is known locally as 'The Hoad' although that is actually the name of the hill it sits on. It's a monument to Sir John Barrow who was a local man who went on to be a great sailor and explorer in the 1800s. The Hoad was built in 1850 and even though it looks like alighthouse  it doesn't serve that purpose. It can be seen for miles around and in the summer months it is open to the public for a climb to to top to see some great views! The HoadThe HoadThe Hoad

Russell Holden
Level 8

Your wellcome @AbdullahAM 😊

Rivani Rahmadani
Level 8

Wouuww...  @IrrPavlova it's amazing that the old hotel building looks very sturdy and attractive, hopefully one day I have the opportunity to visit the place.

Rivani Rahmadani