jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wrong photos not delete as before.

@StephenAbraham  Recently I am facing problems in deleting wrong photos which are by mistakes duplicates or wrong places which I used to do before easily. Well knowing the consequences of wrong photos it is not effective now as still appears inspite of repeated delete.Kindly help.

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Wrong photos not delete as before.

Thats right @jojo522 

I noticed this also! 

I am not able to delete photos from Google Map's like before.

I did press delete button several times, but they are still shown on maps 

I suggest that we should send a feedback via Google Maps app in our smartphones 

Please Google fix it 

Thank you 

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THOSE ON THE SAME MISSION AS YOU
Osama Zaina
Connect Moderator

Hi @jojo522 and @OSAMA_

This could very well be related to the ongoing problem with uploading images. Please look here. @ErmesT just reported that things may be back to normal. 

I take that you mean deleting your own images. 

Trying repeatedly to delete and image can create new problems, so it is better to wait until the system again works normally.

There are hundreds if not thousands of image servers, and it always takes some time for them to synchronize.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 9

I think I agree with you @MortenCopenhagen 

I started to notice that I can't delete photos from Google Maps, since the ongoing issue shown up ( uploaded photos not shown maps ) .

I think they are linked together

Let us wait 

Thank you 

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THOSE ON THE SAME MISSION AS YOU
Osama Zaina
Connect Moderator

Thanks for the tag, @MortenCopenhagen 

Things are back to normal on my side for photos that were correctly uploaded, but I still have an issue with photos where the upload still "pending".

I've tried to delete them but, as the photos are in the upload process, the deletion is not possible.

Is this the situation you are referring to, @jojo522 

I would like to highlight that, if you are mentioning photos like the last two that we can see in your profile, there is not a button to add photos on these locations.

ermest_0-1662630579486.png

This happen in several of the photos added by you also in the past

Level 10

@ErmesT @MortenCopenhagen Thanks for immediate response. What i wanted is to delete the first since the second is the correct phtoto.I used to add photos like these before as reflected in my profile for your information agreeing that   there is no option button for videos. 

jojo
Connect Moderator

I know, @jojo522 

But this is a violation of the program. No photos should be posted in "addresses or coordinates, as clearly explained in Add, remove, or share photos in Google Maps 

Level 10

@ErmesT @Thanks for the policy which I was not aware and will be taking care of. Appreciate further clarification in this regards. I could see many such photos of that category significantly contributed like me by many may be knowingly or unknowingly and much benefited by this.

jojo
Connect Moderator

Great to know @jojo522 , can you please provide an example?

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, photos not uploaded to a listing are only visible in the profile of the uploaded, and NOT in Google Maps.

The photos that you see when searching for an address or a city in Maps are NOT uploaded on the address. The photos are selected by Maps, taken from the listings in the area.

This can give the wrong idea that the photos are uploaded on the address, but they are not

Level 10

@ErmesT Thanks 

C6762732-CA1A-4F3B-AB93-6B6D224E5881.jpeg

1FDBD80B-260A-4EC1-A06E-586D9BA75EDB.png

jojo