VeroMontuenga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Why is Café Gourmand the best French contribution to humanity? (Spanish version at the end)

You are probably wondering if I'm crazy, the Frenchs has invented amazing things to humanity, such as pasteurization, perfume, mayonnaise and if you let me go even freedom! But what is the value of freedom if there is no dessert?

OK, all right! I'm a bit of an extravagant! But you have to understand... I have a sweet tooth. Also, Café Gourmand has become one of my favorite reason to travel to France besides art, architecture, French cuisine, and wine. I can help it! 

Did you know that France receives 89 million tourists a year and that 7% are Spanish? ... and by the way one of the reasons that they allude it is food.

Well, let's go back to the topic ...

What is Café Gourmand?

Café Gourmand is an assortment of small desserts, usually between 3 to 5 samples, accompanied by a cup of coffee or tea. It is said that the idea of ​​the Café Gourmand comes up in 2005 when French chefs -what geniuses!- realized that people have less and less time to eat and need a solution to include dessert in their everyday menu.

So, Café Gourmand was invented to make it easier to decide on desserts ... That my favorite part! I don't have to deal with a bunch of option and decided which one to eat... I can have them all!

Those who come to France hoping on cheese plates as dessert, they can have them, too. Café Gourmand often includes a piece of cheese, or in its absence some cheese-based dessert, to satisfy the most traditional palates.

If you are visiting any French city soon, do not hesitate to ask for this culinary marvel.
-----

¿Por qué el Café Gourmand es la mejor aportación francesa a la humanidad?

Probablemente estarás pensando esta mujer está loca, los franceses han aportado muchas cosas maravillosas a la humanidad, como el la pasteurización, el perfume, la mayones y si me dejas ir hasta la libertad! pero de qué vale la libertad sino hay ¡postre!

Vale, vale! exagero un poquito! Pero es que el Café Gourmand es una de las razones por las que he me he vuelto una experta en Francia, eso y el arte, la arquitectura y los trenes. Y que esto de estar casada con un fanático de los trenes, acaba por llevarte a destinos que muchos descartan por su proximidad.

¿Sabíais que Francia recibe 89 millones de turistas al año y que el 7% son españoles?

Bueno pero retomemos el tema…

¿Qué es el Café Gourmand?

El Café Gourmand es una combinación de pequeños postres, normalmente entre 3 y 5 muestras, acompañados de una taza de café (a gusto del comensal con leche, solo o cortado). Se dice que la idea del Café Gourmand surge en 2005, cuando los restaurantes franceses ¡que genios! se dan cuenta que la gente tiene cada vez menos tiempo para comer y que en el ámbito de lo salado ya existía una solución (el plato combinado) pero que los postres no tenían su equivalente.  

Así pues se inventó el Café Gourmand para facilitar a los comensales la decisión sobre los postres…  ¡Que no sabes qué pedir! ¡pues pídelos todos!

Es bien sabido que los franceses suelen tomar quesos para postres, así que el Café Gourmand normalmente incluye un trozo de queso, o en su defecto algún postre a base de queso, para así satisfacer los paladares más tradicionales.

Así que ya sabéis, si visitáis alguna ciudad francesa, no dudéis en pedir esta maravilla culinaria.

IMG_20141006_133903.jpgIMG_20150613_142013.jpgIMG_20160531_141803.jpgIMG_20170524_210220.jpg

Francia
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Why is Café Gourmand the best French contribution to humanity? (Spanish version at the end)

Level 9

Re: Why is Café Gourmand the best French contribution to humanity? (Spanish version at the end)

Merci Julien!

I'm a big fan of Café Gourmande. 

Good luck to you, too. 

Where are you in France? I love France! I visit it at least twice a year.

I'm looking forward to be more active in Local Connect, but I haven't found the way to do so. Any advice? 

Level 8

@VeroMontuenga , it is delicious the Cafè Normand and each time is always different , Thank you for sharing 

Level 9

Grazie mille @Giuseppe75!

I have a sweet tooth! It's very bad for my diet! jajajaaja

I new using Locals Connect, do you have any advice for me? 

Level 8

Hello @VeroMontuenga,

Thank you for your kind reply 😊 

Don't worry about diet 😉 sometimes we need to enjoy what put us in a good mood and Cafè Gourmand it to enjoy 🍰🥧🍮

Wow, WELCOME ON CONNECT!!!!

It's always a great pleasure to know new Local Guides here on Connect and I hope you are enjoying Connect. 

I joined Connect since a couple of months and having so much fun

I have already known so many valuable and passionate friends and discovered new interesting things and places and this is great forum to learn more how contribute at the best on Google Maps.

My suggestion is to be curious, try to read posts and comments in the different categories and have fun by commenting and interacting with the many passionate Local Guides. 

You will find a great " Help desk" section here on Connect to read interesting posts about a great use of Connect, information about the forum and its rules, tips on photography,  meet up and many other supportive advices.

You may also consult the How-tos section to read interesting posts with different type of questions from other Local Guides like you and me. You may here create and share your post by asking support and advices from other Local Guides on your topic.

Finally it's amazing the Idea exchange sectionwhere you may post your idea related to Google Maps, Connect or Perks, Local Guide or any other topics and you will give the possibility to other local Guides to vote and support your idea (or support the ideas of other Local Guides). 

You will feel here on Connect a friendly and supportive atmosphere (like a big family) and you will have at your disposal the valuable support of Google Moderators or Connect Moderators in case of assistance or urgent support. 

Finally I reccomend to be yourself, share great contents with the community and enjoy this amazing  opportunity😊

I will be happy to support you anytime if I can😊

I look forward to read your next posts and would be happy to have your opinion on my posts. 

Have a good new week 😊 Giuseppe 

Former Google Contributor

¡Muchas gracias por compartir este post con la comunidad, @VeroMontuenga! Es muy interesante la historia del origen del Café Gourmand. 🙂 

Como tu post trata de Café Gourmand creo que la etiqueta Food&Drink le quedaría mucho mejor la de Local Stories y por lo tanto la cambiaré.

También voy a añadir la etiqueta de lenguaje Spanish porque la mitad de tu post está en castellano. Más información sobre este tipo de etiquetas puedes encontrar en el artículo How to find posts in your preferred language.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Gracias @JavieraAu! Este ha sido mi primer post y voy aprendiendo. 

No sé si moverlo es buena idea pues era mi post para la aplicación del Meetup y ahora el enlace estará mal 😞

Podríamos devolverlo a la sección Local Stories, hasta el 1 de Junio?

Lo del lenguaje es una duda, lo he escrito en los dos idiomas, pues no me gustan mucho las traducciones automáticas, se pierde mucho. 

Qué piensas? es mejor hacer dos post cada uno con el idioma, o hacerlo así partido?

Hola @VeroMontuenga

Disculpa mi respuesta tan atrasada. Ten en cuenta que el cambio de la etiqueta no va a afectar el enlace de tu post, pero lo voy a cambiar de nuevo a Local Stories.

En cuanto al lenguaje en Connect, animamos a los LG a hacer sus publicaciones en el idioma con el que se sientan más cómodos. Por supuesto, eso no es válido para las publicaciones con las cuales se aplica para Connect Live 2019.

Sobre tu pregunta creo que es mucho mejor hacer las publicaciones bilingües (de tal manera como tu lo has hecho) que hacer dos publicaciones separadas en distinto idioma.

Cualquier otra pregunta o duda que tengas, no dudes en mencionarme.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @VeroMontuenga,

Just to let you know, I've noticed that your post has a Spanish language label tag. Please note, I’ve removed it, as your post is written in English. To learn more about those labels please take a look at the How do I find posts in my preferred language?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!