Lynton's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Why dont I have points for my ratings

Hi @Udaysapkal

There are some problems with many LG counters. Google Team is working on it. After freeze and fixing your counter will be updated with all your points. Keep calm and wait for it.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 6

Capture.PNG 

@deepakjhic see my rating points. its not increasing sins 1.5 month.

Level 9

Udaysapkal wrote:

@deepakjhic see my rating points. its not increasing sins 1.5 month.

@Udaysapkal- Thank you so much for sharing screenshot. Your screenshot is no longer helpful due to the above quoted text. Here are your stats,

1. Review= 34*6=204, +45 points for review with more than 200 characters. = 249
  2. Ratings= 1                                                                                                        = 1
  3. Photos= 362*5=1810                                                                                       = 1810
  4. Answers= 170                                                                                                  = 170
  5. Edit 3*5=15                                                                                                      = 15
  6. Place added =0                                                                                               = 0
  7. Fact Checked= 13                                                                                           = 13
  8. Q&A= 10*3                                                                                                       = 30
  9. Total                                                                                                                 =2288

Ratings are counted when you don't complete a full review. So if you have ratings, and later you add a review, the count will decrease, being included in points for reviews. And eventually will lower to zero.

Need not to be worry about that.

For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews.

Hope this help.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

You should wait a bit they definitely get updated. 

And if they are not then please use the "send feedback" option to contact Google Maps guys.

Level 10

Error in showing ratings

Dear google,

I have been giving lot of ratings but only 23 ratings are counted. I have given more ratings than reviews.  my reviews counted as 450 plus. So my ratings should be more than thisScreenshot_2018-03-28-11-38-09-668_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

So plz fix the bugs.

Thanks

John Peter

Level 10

Re: Error in showing ratings

Dear @Julien44,

Thanks for sharing, however almost many months my rating status not showing correctly

Level 8

@JohnPeter

if that is a bug then team will definitely look at this but keep in mind whenever you give ratings and left that without review that only ratings count on RATINGS 

if you rate any place and review that place that will not be count on RATINGS

Level 10

Hi @ayann

Is that true?

"

if you rate any place and review that place that will not be count on RATINGS"

Then Google counting my rating may be correct. Mostly I do rating and reviews together.

Dear @Julien44 needed more clarity on this 

Level 10

@JohnPeter Yes John, when you add a review over a rating, it becomes counted as a review only. There were many posts discussing that. Here is one example.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Ratings-vs-Reviews-quot/m-p/536186/hig...

Level 8

@JohnPeter 

yes its true 

look at this reply @StephenAbraham